Parking at NY Terminal

Mandy412

Hola Amigos! I haven't been on the board in awhile but I do have a cruise to Bermuda planned for July. I have never left from NY and I know there is parking at the pier that is convenient albeit, a bit more than I want to spend. Has anyone spent the night in Jersey and left their car at a hotel and just did Uber? I've found hotels that charge $28/day which is more palatable to me. I would love any feedback or suggestions. Thank you!

16 minutes ago, Mandy412 said:

Hola Amigos! I haven't been on the board in awhile but I do have a cruise to Bermuda planned for July. I have never left from NY and I know there is parking at the pier that is convenient albeit, a bit more than I want to spend. Has anyone spent the night in Jersey and left their car at a hotel and just did Uber? I've found hotels that charge $28/day which is more palatable to me. I would love any feedback or suggestions. Thank you!

How much is it to Park at the pier?

32 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

Most agree it’s just more convenient to park at the pier. Your Uber will be at least $50 each way. $40 is not a lot for Manhattan.

$40 is not bad at all for Manhattan. I’m just trying to see if I can shave more off. I know I’m being ridiculous considering I’ll drop 2 Gs on a damn purse but parking kills me. 😫

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mandy412 said:

$40 is not bad at all for Manhattan. I’m just trying to see if I can shave more off. I know I’m being ridiculous considering I’ll drop 2 Gs on a damn purse but parking kills me. 😫

Parking at the pier is ridiculous easy. The best part is your car is right next to the ship. We usually do easy walk off and are off the ship, thru customs and driving home by 8-8:15am

• Like 3

6 hours ago, WestfieldTraveler said:

Anyone every have a problem getting a space at the pier? We would probably arrive around 12 for a Bliss cruise.

My wife and I will be sailing out of NYC in June for our 5th time. Never had a problem getting a parking space. We have always found a space pretty close to the elevators. We arrive between 9-10am. I've noticed a few times while we are pulling away plenty of spaces still available

The Hilton Garden Inn in Ridgefield Park has a park/cruise option that we loved.  It's about $250 (keep checking) and you leave your car their.  They provide you with a private town car to and from the cruise.  We have also parked at the Port Imperial Ferry terminal...it's about $16/day.  You would take the ferry across ($18/pp RT) and walk the 3 easy blocks to the cruise.

• Like 1

Although I will agree that parking at the pier is the best option, if you are planning on arriving the night before I would do the Hilton Garden Inn in Ridgefield NJ. You stay there they transport you in both direction and there is no charge for parking. The cost for the room, transportation (not including tip), and parking is about the same as parking at the pier.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, phillyguy31 said:

Although I will agree that parking at the pier is the best option, if you are planning on arriving the night before I would do the Hilton Garden Inn in Ridgefield NJ. You stay there they transport you in both direction and there is no charge for parking. The cost for the room, transportation (not including tip), and parking is about the same as parking at the pier.

WORD

7 minutes ago, phillyguy31 said:

My neighbors tried that once. They only had one van running back with 9 people. Of course 7 people were off the ship and in the van at 8:30am while the two others did not get off the ship until 10:30. Needless to say all 7 were pretty pissed off having to wait two hours.

Check out PARK RIGHT. A few blocks away. You drive there - check in- they drive u back to pier and when u return , you call them. 5minutes later , you meet your car across the street from the pier - get in and drive away. WHITE GLOVE SERVICE...

Doing this for a few yrs now

11 minutes ago, Newleno said:

Hmm about the Hilton garden ridgefield, a regular room for tonight is $164 the cruise deal is $264, so it may work for some but not others

Like I said if you plan to get there the day ahead it pays. The room and parking is less than the port and  you get transportation back and forth. If you just need to park the pier is the way to go. Unless you have a sedan many SUVs are surcharged as an oversized vehicle which then make it close to a wash with the outside garages. Also I like the idea of parking the car myself in a secure lot and not not handing my keys over to someone and telling them I won't be back for a week. However that is me.

If you know when you're going far enough in advance you can book a hotel in Manhattan & stay over the night before then taxi/Uber/Lyft it to the cruise terminal in the morning.  The further in advance you book the better the room rate; we've had 3-5 star hotel rooms in Manhattan for less than $150 before taxes.  Plus you get to see the Big Apple at its best; at night!  We find we can get those rates 30-45 days out on a week-end (Friday-Sunday) night. Weekday rates (Mon-Thurs) are going to be more expensive.  There IS an app called (I believe) "HotelTonight" where you can get last minute deals.

We get to NYC either via NJ Transit (when we lived in NJ) or now Amtrak (from MD) or bus.  I just cannot fathom spending $40/day just for parking my car plus tolls, gas, etc.  Plus now they're seriously discussing implementing congestion pricing for driving in Manhattan in certain areas.

• Like 1