Havana Lounge

tcgary

We are going on the Horizon the beginning of May and was wondering if the Havana lounge is open to everyone all day or is it like the pool area only to people who have Havana cabins?

Thank you very much,

Gary 

1 hour ago, ksmcdonald said:

The Havana bar is open to everyone on the ship all the time.  There is a bar in the Havana pool area that is just for Havana guest.

Thank you  very much!

Not sure about early morning, but there were bartenders there late morning early afternoon.  We had to use them versus the outside bar in January. 

But I will tell you there is literally no one in the lounge during the day. No music, no events.  Some comfortable seating up near the entrance by the elevators if you want a quiet inside space.

• Like 1

On 4/17/2019 at 12:07 PM, crewsweeper said:

Not sure about early morning, but there were bartenders there late morning early afternoon.  We had to use them versus the outside bar in January. 

But I will tell you there is literally no one in the lounge during the day. No music, no events.  Some comfortable seating up near the entrance by the elevators if you want a quiet inside space.

Why couldn’t you use the outside bar in January? Is it because you were not staying in a Havana Cabin or was it because there was no outside service?

7 hours ago, bdever said:

Why couldn’t you use the outside bar in January? Is it because you were not staying in a Havana Cabin or was it because there was no outside service?

There is only one bar that is open to both inside and outside...

7 hours ago, bdever said:

As Jimbo said there's only one bar, serves inside and outside.  If only one bartender working early we went inside and got drinks.  No Big deal, moving door opens for you and you're there.  Served fairly promptly, walked oback out to lounger.

1 hour ago, crewsweeper said:

As Jimbo said there's only one bar, serves inside and outside.  If only one bartender working early we went inside and got drinks.  No Big deal, moving door opens for you and you're there.  Served fairly promptly, walked oback out to lounger.

UGH 😑 that’s exactly what I was afraid of. So inconvenient to have an outside bar with no outside bar service. I am not sure why they do this on Vista class ships as it doesn’t make any sense to have a brand new beautiful bar with no one serving from it. Thanks for responding as my question was for you and not for Jim. 

5 hours ago, bdever said:

UGH 😑 that’s exactly what I was afraid of. So inconvenient to have an outside bar with no outside bar service. I am not sure why they do this on Vista class ships as it doesn’t make any sense to have a brand new beautiful bar with no one serving from it. Thanks for responding as my question was for you and not for Jim. 

There were bar tenders out there later in the day.  Just not early and I guess if you sat there they would come out.  Just easier to take 3 steps.  It's basically the same bar with a wall between.  Same bar tenders.

Edited by crewsweeper

On 4/22/2019 at 9:54 AM, bdever said:

We never had trouble getting a drink outside.  We would just stand at the bar, and if they were inside restocking or something, they would come right out to serve you.  We never went inside, although it is only four or five steps until you are inside!  No big deal really.  

• Like 2