CruiseNext and credits

BiancaV

What is this CREDIT ?

On Board Credit (OBC) this can ONLY be used on board the ship

and is not used in booking a cabin.

Credit Card credit - use it against any billing on that Credit Card.

The Cruise Next Certificates are used pre-cruise in booking a cabin.

Perhaps the Credit you have can be combined with the CN certificate.

Normally only one CN certificate can be used in booking a cabin BUT

sometimes there are promos and timelines that permit a second to be used.

Give us a better description of this CREDIT to help explain.

1 minute ago, don't-use-real-name said:

What is this CREDIT ?

On Board Credit (OBC) this can ONLY be used on board the ship

and is not used in booking a cabin.

Credit Card credit - use it against any billing on that Credit Card.

The Cruise Next Certificates are used pre-cruise in booking a cabin.

Perhaps the Credit you have can be combined with the CN certificate.

Normally only one CN certificate can be used in booking a cabin BUT

sometimes there are promos and timelines that permit a second to be used.

Give us a better description of this CREDIT to help explain.

It is a credit being put onto my account to use towards a future cruise, NOT CruiseNext or OBC. I asked NCL directly and they didn’t know if I could combine it with my CruiseNext so I’m not sure where to get the answer. 

It would appear that credit is due to a refund or overpayment or a service adjustment.

That can be used in booking BUT you must make note of it to NCL in booking.

Form of Payment: I am using a Cruise Next Certificate - Credit (adjustment) - and credit card (cash) for the balance.

The only issue here would be using OBC to pay for something pre-cruise - NOT the case !

Just call NCL directly to do a mock booking, speak to one of the call center agent, provide them with the code - they will be able to tell you about any restrictions, based on "their' reservation/booking system and of the codes, etc.  Then, have an available CruiseNext deposit be applied as well - should be an either go or no good.  

It sounded like a partial credit or refund from a previous NCL cruise, I believe they can be combined when making a new booking - reduce the final payment & just stacked on top of the deposit credited against the cruise.  To play it safe, don't book an upcoming cruise where full payment is due withn 24 hours or less, as you can easily cancel with zero penalty and just tell the agent you will re-consider.  As always, not the answers you liked, politely hang up and call, speak to a different agent or ask for a supervisor escalation if you feel the need.  Good luck & it's always helpful to others to post your success & outcome.  

Maybe one of the old-timer regulars #Dexddd with ship/port/propulsion issues, that had these refunds can speak to it from direct experience, yada yada. 

Yes, we used both a Cruise Next certificate (for the deposit) and a cruise credit on account for a future cruise.  As noted, the reservations line or a PCC are the ones that can apply both to your booking.  The cruise credit will have an expiration date - like 1 year which will be different of course from the expiration date of the Cruise Next certificate.  So as long as both are valid, they should work together for the future cruise booking.

• Thanks 1

Thanks so much! I appreciate all the feedback. Yes, they did tell me it needed to be used within the year. I will have to break the news to hubby that he has to take me on another cruise.😉