Next Platinum/Diamond Gift?

evandbob

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Cruise-Crazy said:

I just got off the Victory, a lanyard and a $50 spa card. 64 cruises and I have never used a lanyard.....

Hmmm. $50 spa card, that's a new idea. What, if any are the restrictions? If there's no minimum spend then that's something nice and different. If there's a minimum amount you need to spend in order to use it then it's worthless. 

Edited by kwokpot

13 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Hmmm. $50 spa card, that's a new idea. What, if any are the restrictions? If there's no minimum spend then that's something nice and different. If there's a minimum amount you need to spend in order to use it then it's worthless. 

The last time I checked there was nothing for $50

3 minutes ago, Cruise-Crazy said:

The last time I checked there was nothing for $50

Does the thermal suite have a day pass? I've never asked about it. You could use it towards a massage, as long as they don't restrict it it's use by not allowing it to be combined with special rates. 

We were celebrating a anniversary on one cruise and we received a gift card to be used at the special portrait studio. I forgot the amount but it was pretty decent. The problem was it was restricted towards a full picture package worth at least $300,so it was basically useless. 

1 hour ago, dmdiver said:

We've gotten the spa card before & didn't use it.  One of our friends put it toward a massage.  I think he still paid about $40 out of pocket.

That's about right and I'm OK with that. 

I got a $50 spa card once and didn't want to use it on any services.  So I went and used it to get some sort of a body scrub (product) that was sold in the spa.  It was a little annoying bc none of the prices were marked...but I just asked the staff, and they helped me.  It ended up being free...and they were charging about $45 for it, so I was happy.  🙂

20 hours ago, Doggielover68 said:

Just off miracle and got the lanyards. The lanyard part is okay but the plastic card holder is so thin that I think any card would fall right out of it. 

I already threw away the plastic card holder. If I ever wear the lanyard, I would attach the metal clip directly to the S&S card.  I always wear a lanyard, ever since it took me 45 minutes to find my card in my cabin several years ago.  I prefer the lanyards that have a plastic snap clip close to the card. That way you can easily remove the bottom of the lanyard with the card and hand it to a bartender without having to hand them the entire lanyard.