Disembarking from Caribbean Princess

Repeates

We will be disembarking in FLL from Caribbean Princess in June, and I am trying to get a better idea of what time we will be off of the ship.  There are 6 of us and I am trying to plan some activities for the day before we go home.  I have some slow moving teen-agers in the group and I am wondering about what time we will be woken up with announcements and be required to be out of the room.  Thank you! 

4 minutes ago, Repeates said:

We will be disembarking in FLL from Caribbean Princess in June, and I am trying to get a better idea of what time we will be off of the ship.  There are 6 of us and I am trying to plan some activities for the day before we go home.  I have some slow moving teen-agers in the group and I am wondering about what time we will be woken up with announcements and be required to be out of the room.  Thank you! 

You are asked to leave your cabins by 8am. You may have time to have breakfast or you can go to the lounge assigned to your disembarkation color to wait.

During the cruise you will receive a disembarkation questionnaire. You select the time you wish to disembark the ship. You can select early walk off where you wheel all your own luggage, or one of the independent times or airport flight times where you place your luggage out the evening before and pick it up in the terminal. You are assigned an approximate disembarkation time. If you don't like what you get just visit passenger services.  Early walk off is usually around 7:00/7:30am and may be as early as 6:30am. Regular disembarkation then begins around 7:45 and goes by color group until 9:30/10:00 when all passengers must be disembarked. There are very few ship wide announcements until the final calls. Disembarkation announcements are made at your assigned lounge. Set the youth's alarms early.

• Like 2

we got off the regal in fort lauderdale last month.  We were to be out of our rooms by 8 and I think we were one of the last groups off at 9:10am as we had a late flight.  There were no real announcements to speak of, other than the captain thanking everyone and wishing us safe travels.

We have young children so we took the transfer to the airport and picked up a rental car so we could shop and hang out at a park for the day before returning the car.  If you have an afternoon flight, they offer tours from the ship which we have done as well and then they drop you at the airport.

• Like 1

We paid for the luggage service to have our suitcases picked up the night before disembarkation and not be seen again until we got to our home airport. We then took a Lyft ride to the museum of science and discovery. They had lockers where we stashed our carry-on bags. We had a great lunch at a burger place down the street, walked around a bit more and took a Lyft to the airport.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, skynight said:

You are asked to leave your cabins by 8am. You may have time to have breakfast or you can go to the lounge assigned to your disembarkation color to wait.

During the cruise you will receive a disembarkation questionnaire. You select the time you wish to disembark the ship. You can select early walk off where you wheel all your own luggage, or one of the independent times or airport flight times where you place your luggage out the evening before and pick it up in the terminal. You are assigned an approximate disembarkation time. If you don't like what you get just visit passenger services.  Early walk off is usually around 7:00/7:30am and may be as early as 6:30am. Regular disembarkation then begins around 7:45 and goes by color group until 9:30/10:00 when all passengers must be disembarked. There are very few ship wide announcements until the final calls. Disembarkation announcements are made at your assigned lounge. Set the youth's alarms early.

When you place your luggage out the evening before, it is available for pick up in the cruise terminal?  Thank you for the information.

9 hours ago, ceci3 said:

If you have an afternoon flight, they offer tours from the ship which we have done as well and then they drop you at the airport.

What did you do with your luggage when you took a tour from the ship?

When you take a cruiseline's disembarkation tour, you pick up your luggage, clear customs and immigration and take your luggage with you on the coach. You and your luggage are dropped at the airport after doing the tour.

For a group this may be expensive. 

Most airlines do not allow you to check in till 3 hours before your (international) flight.

Possibly hire a car/ minivan to explore with luggage stowed in boot/ trunk although I have heard of break ins at tourist spots, or book a day room in an hotel to store luggage and shower before flight. You can then 'chill' at the pool or take a trip. ..Sun trolley from17th Street Causeway is $3 per person for all day pass.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Repeates said:

When you place your luggage out the evening before, it is available for pick up in the cruise terminal?  Thank you for the information.

Yes, luggage is in the cruise terminal grouped in sections by the disembarkation colored luggage tag that you attach before you place you luggage in the hall for pick up. Posting #10 provides the information.

There are also some airlines in Ft. Lauderdale that have Easy Check. You can get a list from passenger services. With Easy Check your luggage is taken the evening before, and you pick it up at your destination airport. There is a fee which I think is $25 plus luggage fees charged by the airlines, if any.

• Like 1