Covered balconies on Coral Princess

ambelina

We are looking at a Panama Canal cruise on the Coral Princess and wondered if the Mini suite cabins on Caribe or Dolphin deck are covered. It will be hot and we would like some shade to enjoy the balcony.

I am going on the Coral as well for a Panama Canal cruise in November.  I asked my sister the same question, she has been on the Coral a few times.  I believe she said no.    She said it will be hot and humid, I am planning on taking an umbrella.    Its the tropics, rains a lot too. 

The aft mini-suites (D-7XX series) on Dolphin deck are our favorites and are fully covered except for the last one on each side of the ship and just steps to the public viewing area (which most of the public doesn't know about!) on the stern of the ship.  Those directly above them on Caribe deck (C-7XX series) are half covered (with the exception of the last on each side) and again, steps away to the stern viewing area.  It's been a decade since we were in one of those cabins but I remember the viewing area as being twice as large at that on the Dolphin deck and having a half dozen loungers or so on it.  My DB and SIL had a Caribe deck forward mini-suite (in the C-2XX series) with a fully covered balcony that had fantastic access to through the 'secret' door to the forward viewing area.

We will be in an aft mini on Caribe for our upcoming Alaska cruise. I chose this cabin even though we were offered a mid-ship mini at the same upsell price, because the balcony is partially covered, and due to the great rear viewing deck that will be steps from our cabin. We spent some memorable time relaxing on this aft deck and taking in the view from the lounge chairs as we left Glacier Bay on a previous cruise.

11 minutes ago, SLOlady2014 said:

We will be in an aft mini on Caribe for our upcoming Alaska cruise. I chose this cabin even though we were offered a mid-ship mini at the same upsell price, because the balcony is partially covered, and due to the great rear viewing deck that will be steps from our cabin. We spent some memorable time relaxing on this aft deck and taking in the view from the lounge chairs as we left Glacier Bay on a previous cruise.

Great choice! I have fallen asleep out there a few times!    😎

• Like 1