Inconsistent Roll Call info

Oops! Anyone else having the same problem? I went to Roll Calls and there were instructions about starting a new one. I followed them and wrote a post. The instructions said it might take 48 hours for a new thread to appear on Roll Call. Well, it's didn't show and now I again only see the notes about technical difficulties. This must be a tough problem to solve.

Mary

6 minutes ago, warburg said:

Oops! Anyone else having the same problem? I went to Roll Calls and there were instructions about starting a new one. I followed them and wrote a post. The instructions said it might take 48 hours for a new thread to appear on Roll Call. Well, it's didn't show and now I again only see the notes about technical difficulties. This must be a tough problem to solve.

Mary

Have you tried searching roll calls, your cruise line, your ship and searching there? The roll call finder tool does not work.

55 minutes ago, warburg said:

Mary

New Roll Calls appear immediately where they should be -- in the Roll Call forum for that specific ship.  Assuming your new Roll Call is the one for the Oct. 28, 2020 Riviera, it's right there in the Riviera Roll Call forum, see link below (and has been there since Friday).  I believe the 48-hour thing is how long it might take for a new Roll Call to show up when someone searches for it using the Roll Call finder tool, a matter that is moot at the moment since the finder tool is not working, as gnome12 noted above and as it says on the CC notice on the right of your screen (or the bottom on phones).

BTW, I see that the Riviera Roll Call forum is a cluttered mix of Roll Calls and non-Roll Calls, the latter mistakenly posted there.

Edited by Turtles06

6 hours ago, warburg said:

... I went to Roll Calls and there were instructions about starting a new one. I followed them and wrote a post...

Howdy Mary!

In those instructions was a step you accidently skipped:

Browse the topic titles shown in the forum to double check there is no existing Roll Call topic for your sail date. 

At this time, there are three Roll Call threads for your cruise in the Riviera Roll Calls Forum. Yours started on April 19, 2019 and the following two:

I have sent a Report Post e-mail to the Help Desk to merge the three threads into one thread. Hopefully, they will all be merged shortly.

This is per the following step also in the starting a new one instructions:

If you see two or more threads for the same sail date please email help@cruisecritic.com to have them merged.

I sincerely hope this will be helpful! ☺️

Kat 😺