Decisions, Decisions (First World Problems LOL)

MistyRo76

Just back from our Carnival Paradise cruise and of course I had a couple Future Cruise Offers waiting for me. Planning a girls trip with two friends for 2020 on the Liberty. Originally, we were planning to book an Aft Wrap cause, well - I've always wanted to book one and it would be nice to have the balcony space for the three of us to enjoy! But one of my Future cruise offers is a sweet deal on a Suite (pun intended hah). 

So for the Aft Wrap Upper Deck it would be $515 per person. And for the Jr. Suite on Lido, it would be $488 per person plus a $100 onboard credit ($33 per person). That makes it really a $60 savings if we book the suite. I am Platinum so we would get priority boarding either way so that's not a factor.

What to do, what to do??? Is the extra balcony space worth $60 more? Would us three gals benefit more from the extra cabin space afforded us by having a Suite? I'm so torn here! lol 

Opinions, thoughts, experiences welcome! 

In addition to extra room on the balcony, I would be interested in sleeping arrangements.

Do both cabin types give essentially equal sleeping accommodations for all three, or will one of you be at a disadvantage with either choice?

Hope you have a great time!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bury me at sea said:

In addition to extra room on the balcony, I would be interested in sleeping arrangements.

Do both cabin types give essentially equal sleeping accommodations for all three, or will one of you be at a disadvantage with either choice?

Hope you have a great time!

Both cabins show the two twin beds and a sofa that converts to a twin bed - at least according to the deck plans. 

In that case I would be tempted to go for the aft wrap.

My ONLY problem with aft-extended balconies has been the nearly total lack of breeze.  The aft wrap would give you both the incredible aft view, and also some balcony on the side which would give you some breeze.

The best of both worlds in my opinion.

Whether the extra money for the nicer balcony is worth it or not solely depends on how much you and your friends will use it. Everyone is different, and just because someone here says it’s worth it (for them), that doesn’t mean it will be the same for you. And vice versa. 

• Like 1

The aft wrap also has the added advantage of a middle area to relax in, more closet space and extra privacy (in your case probably not needed) for the third guest--important to us when we brought our granddaughter. If it helps at all, here is our cruise "album" of that trip. Just click on the link---cabin pix are spread out---click on the small picture to make it larger. Whatever you decide, enjoy!

OUR AFT WRAP CRUISE

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, chocolate melting cake said:

The aft wrap also has the added advantage of a middle area to relax in, more closet space and extra privacy (in your case probably not needed) for the third guest--important to us when we brought our granddaughter. If it helps at all, here is our cruise "album" of that trip. Just click on the link---cabin pix are spread out---click on the small picture to make it larger. Whatever you decide, enjoy! 

OUR AFT WRAP CRUISE

Nice pics, and what a lovely granddaughter you have 🙂  Thanks for sharing!

Personally, I don't go for any room upgrades. If I did, I would place extra room on the balcony as more important than more space in the room. IMO, spending too much time in the room is one of the worst things you can do on a cruise. A balcony is at least enjoying the environment.

5 hours ago, MistyRo76 said:

Just back from our Carnival Paradise cruise and of course I had a couple Future Cruise Offers waiting for me. Planning a girls trip with two friends for 2020 on the Liberty. Originally, we were planning to book an Aft Wrap cause, well - I've always wanted to book one and it would be nice to have the balcony space for the three of us to enjoy! But one of my Future cruise offers is a sweet deal on a Suite (pun intended hah). 

So for the Aft Wrap Upper Deck it would be $515 per person. And for the Jr. Suite on Lido, it would be $488 per person plus a $100 onboard credit ($33 per person). That makes it really a $60 savings if we book the suite. I am Platinum so we would get priority boarding either way so that's not a factor.

What to do, what to do??? Is the extra balcony space worth $60 more? Would us three gals benefit more from the extra cabin space afforded us by having a Suite? I'm so torn here! lol 

Opinions, thoughts, experiences welcome! 

I would take the jr. Suite on lido, since it is a girls trip and you would probably spend a lot of time out and about. If it’s more of a relaxing trip, then I would choose the aft wrap. I found that when I have a dream cabin with aft balcony, it inhibits my desire to interact with others outside of my party (i.e., I can’t drag myself from the balcony to socialize). If not for getting food, and getting off at ports, I would not leave my cabin. Being on lido is another dream come true, so close to everything. Quick trip from the sun to the cabin for refills or to replenish. Great prices too, I would jump on either one. 

13 hours ago, Quilcruisers said:

I would take the jr. Suite on lido, since it is a girls trip and you would probably spend a lot of time out and about. If it’s more of a relaxing trip, then I would choose the aft wrap. I found that when I have a dream cabin with aft balcony, it inhibits my desire to interact with others outside of my party (i.e., I can’t drag myself from the balcony to socialize). If not for getting food, and getting off at ports, I would not leave my cabin. Being on lido is another dream come true, so close to everything. Quick trip from the sun to the cabin for refills or to replenish. Great prices too, I would jump on either one. 

Thanks for the input! We are pretty social so I'm not sure that having the wrap would inhibit us from getting out and about, but maybe it would! I hadn't considered that. The Lido location for the Suite is great! My husband and I booked Lido a couple of times when traveling with our daughter for the proximity to all the pools and food. We loved it there! 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MistyRo76 said:

What to do, what to do??? Is the extra balcony space worth $60 more?

Would us three gals benefit more from the extra cabin space afforded us

by having a Suite? I'm so torn here! lol

It's only money, honey - I'd jump at it!

27 minutes ago, Aplmac said:

It's only money, honey - I'd jump at it!

Haha...I’m actually not too worried about the money! Just trying to figure out which is the better route to go! I’m having a hard time passing up the aft wrap, but maybe more cabin space would benefit us gals (who I’m sure will all overpack!). 

5 hours ago, MistyRo76 said:

Haha...I’m actually not too worried about the money! Just trying to figure out which is the better route to go! I’m having a hard time passing up the aft wrap, but maybe more cabin space would benefit us gals (who I’m sure will all overpack!). 

yes, this would be  my concern... room for 3 adults and all their stuff.

that being said, we LOOOVED the aft wrap we got as an up-sell 1 time, the balcony was bid it had like 11 pcs of furniture on it! (felt a little guilty with just the 2 of us) 

11 minutes ago, bury me at sea said:

Good to come to a decision.

Even better, book another cruise.

Happy sailing.

I'm ready to book...just need to get my travel mates moving! LOL