Newark airport and Cape Liberty Baggage Help

fscool

My parents are landing at Newark airport and will need to arrange transportation to the Cape Liberty port.  They are going to require assistance with their luggage.  Is there a car service that they can rent that will help them get their luggage into the car and also when they arrive at the port remove the luggage so that no heavy lifting for them is involved?  My experience has always been that most drivers just sit in the driver's seat and pop the trunk.

Check with these guys...

https://www.goldentouchtransportation.com/

Most limo/sedan drivers do assist with luggage, and they'll often be waiting at baggage claim.  As for at the pier?  The porters outside can likely help, or the driver will.

Golden Touch is also the contractor that many of the airport hotels have hired to drive their shuttles, and they also have several flight crew vans too, so they are pretty well established in the area.  I haven't used them as a car service but they have given me quotes in the past and have been helpful

Please note that any time you have a driver meet you at baggage claim the cost of limo service will be noticeably higher than if they do not. first, you'll have to pay for the car's parking fee and second the limo services build in a waiting time surcharge assumption into their rates because the driver  will have to be on premises to meet you. 

Until a year or two ago the limo service I use always met you at baggage claim and charged accordingly. More recently, in order to have pricing more competitive with Uber/Lyft they started offering a lower cost option where you call the dispatcher when you've collected your luggage and they will then dispatch the car  to meet you outside at the appropriate curb side pick up point.

Great!  Thanks for the feedback. 

Perhaps they could use the airport porters to help with the bags to the curb and then GoldenTouch or Uber Black to get them to the destination and remove bags from trunk at port.  

11 minutes ago, fscool said:

Great!  Thanks for the feedback. 

Perhaps they could use the airport porters to help with the bags to the curb and then GoldenTouch or Uber Black to get them to the destination and remove bags from trunk at port.  

Make sure they have plenty of small bills for tipping.  My experience traveling with my mobility impaired mother was that money talks when you need help with luggage lifting.