Seishin v Kaiseki?

Unibok

What is the difference between Seishin (on the Spirit) and Kaiseki (on the Muse, and planned for the Moon)? Have any of you sailed on both the post-stretch Spirit and the Muse, and can speak to this? Interestingly, the upcharge on Seishin is $40, and the upcharge on Kaiseki is $60. What are the less obvious differences -- perhaps in menu offerings, service, or atmosphere? 

Anyone?

You can get Tempura in Seishin but not in Kaiseki, which means there is a hot dish available at lunch, whereas in Kaiseki they have a Teppan Grill and have no Tempura, lunch is only sushi and sashimi.

My information on Kaiseki is from last October, and there are menus on the October Muse thread, we haven’t been on the Spirit since the stretch, so could be out of date.

• Like 1

Thank you for this, Silver Spectre! These do sounds like significant enough differences to warrant distinctive names and a different pricing structure. I won't be on the Spirit until next March, at which time I'll post what I find.

Wishing you a pleasant conclusion to your voyage,

• 3 weeks later...

Kaiseki is aJapanese cuisine is known for its meticulous preparation and beautiful presentation. It's also known as the most expensive type of Japanese food — meals can have more than 14 courses. Kaiseki restaurants offer a private room — often with a view of a Japanese garden.

kaiseki-relax-802.jpg