Icon of the Seas Blocks Are In The House!

52 minutes ago, DaniMSCRoyal_85 said:

Next Princess Ship Set to Be Named Sun Princess, Debut Spring 2024

sunprincess.jpg

LOL, and I read this comment and chuckled..."The other stand-out structure onboard Sun Princess is The Dome. Inspired by the terraces of Santorini, it is a multi-level covered deck and first-of-its-kind true glass-enclosed dome ever constructed on a cruise ship."

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DaniMSCRoyal_85 said:

Next Princess Ship Set to Be Named Sun Princess, Debut Spring 2024

sunprincess.jpg

Sun Princess debuts 6 months later than Icon, but their video includes lots of design features and some itineraries went on sale today. Come on Royal, catch up already!

• Like 2

This looks like it could be the port side block that goes on the end of the Boardwalk to complete deck 7 and the  infinity pool. We need to see it from a better angle.

20220916_113150.thumb.jpg.73a654719d64c3bdb5b86fb8ce02bced.jpg

The rest of this section of the ship goes on top of that block, & sits elsewhere in the yard...

20220916_113511.jpg.8aedc233f4026e94ebb867213ce0bf87.jpg

Edited by Panda Monium
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, billaraneta said:

Excuse me please when they will reveal and open for booking of Icon of the Seas? Thank You.

No one here, or anywhere else, knows that yet. Royal hasn't released any info yet about when booking will open or what the deck plans look like.  But keep following this thread, I'm sure the moment it's announced, many people will comment in here.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Panda Monium said:

If you don't already see it posted above, then we don't know.

Patience!

Based on their history from the last ship build thread, patience is not something that poster possesses.  I have them on ignore...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 9/14/2022 at 9:19 PM, Lloyd555 said:

There is the AquaTheatre portion of the AquaDome.

Unfortunately we can't see the diving pool in this view. 😑

715359743_aquadometheatre.thumb.jpg.d52503d6fc834c71f836b340972b09a5.jpg

Here is a bad view of a portion of the diving pool.

2053190694_aquadometheatrebitofpool.jpg.502fc89b9a4c0530ebfaf455add984f1.jpg

It would by be very cool, if the AquaTheatre would have glass bottom, or it will be allowed to swimm and dive in it, if it will be part of Solarium.

4 hours ago, Panda Monium said:

This looks like it could be the port side block that goes on the end of the Boardwalk to complete deck 7 and the  infinity pool. We need to see it from a better angle.

20220916_113150.thumb.jpg.73a654719d64c3bdb5b86fb8ce02bced.jpg

This is indeed the port side aft Boardwalk block. 😄

Still on the Icon, but a side question. A few months ago, Michael Bayley had said, if I remember right, there would be reveal and open booking on Sept. 12th. Does anyone know what happened? No reveal yet. The new Princess ship had a reveal yesterday with the naming ceremony. I'm wondering, after seeing the Prima, maybe the Icon isn't all that they thought it was.

2 hours ago, deliver42 said:

Still on the Icon, but a side question. A few months ago, Michael Bayley had said, if I remember right, there would be reveal and open booking on Sept. 12th. Does anyone know what happened? No reveal yet. The new Princess ship had a reveal yesterday with the naming ceremony. I'm wondering, after seeing the Prima, maybe the Icon isn't all that they thought it was.

Supposedly that September 12 listing was removed from the Royal Deployment schedule. See earlier post from @Ourusualbeach. I think by them still not releasing info on Icon some may choose to book a different cruise and even with another cruise line like Norwegian Prima. It is also interesting that the new Princess ship starts service after Icon, but they have already shared details about the ship and booking I think is now open.