Icon of the Seas Blocks Are In The House!

I can't recall if I brought up the boomerang shape in this thread, it appears as if it & the smaller piece next to it fit together to become a 'platform' for seating by the edge of a potential pool.

799980104_poolseating.thumb.jpg.042c358ff07cf2829e3679aa5471d7c0.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555
  • Like 2

image.png.39747eab148fd3e39d422c7408bf89fe.png

My information has been verified by several very highly placed plumbers that I met, on the Internet, and conversate with, often, that work on the ship, so don't doubt me.

From now on, each Icon Class Ship will be carrying a "Ship Stretcher" to accommodate the number of confirmed passengers.  If the ship is over booked, they can stretch it to accommodate and if the ship is less than full, they can shrink the ship accordingly, for fuel savings.  They've announced already that he "Ship Stretcher" will be co-located in the storage vault with the "Muffler Bearings".   No pictures or video is available, as yet.  I've heard that this information has also been verified on Wikipedia but I haven't found it.

Edited by Ret MP
  • Like 1
  • Haha 8

10 minutes ago, Lloyd555 said:

I can't recall if I brought up the boomerang shape in this thread, it appears as if it & the smaller piece next to it fit together to become a 'platform' for seating by the edge of a potential pool.

799980104_poolseating.thumb.jpg.042c358ff07cf2829e3679aa5471d7c0.jpg

Thanks Lloyd for this closeup. It’s a very interesting layout. I wonder what the circular cutout at the end, top right corner (next to the covered thing) would be for. Thanks 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Tough as Leather said:

Another view of the newest blocks added atop the ship.

@Tough as Leather  @Lloyd555 On the just installed Suite Blocks would the top be Deck 17 or 18? It looks to be perhaps two levels high.

Also way back in this thread we discussed that Icon May have suites up front and top similar to Edge Class ships. 

8B4CA272-397A-45CC-905A-3BFE9A75DDE8.jpeg

43 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

My information has been verified by several very highly placed plumbers that I met, on the Internet, and conversate with, often, that work on the ship, so don't doubt me.

From now on, each Icon Class Ship will be carrying a "Ship Stretcher" to accommodate the number of confirmed passengers.  If the ship is over booked, they can stretch it to accommodate and if the ship is less than full, they can shrink the ship accordingly, for fuel savings.  They've announced already that he "Ship Stretcher" will be co-located in the storage vault with the "Muffler Bearings".   No pictures or video is available, as yet.  I've heard that this information has also been verified on Wikipedia but I haven't found it.

This has been widely reported on the id-10T forums.

• Haha 2

I saw this part in the making an icon part 2, but didnt see it posted anywhere just yet. Anyone have an idea what this will be for? Because of the camera 'sliding' through it during the video, I thought it might be a rollercoaster, but I didnt see that mentioned anywhere 🙂 

Or is it just a fancy light equipment rail for in a theater? 😄

image.thumb.png.2f3df39d24218fc9da34ae9996bda6e8.png

5 minutes ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

This has been widely reported on the id-10T forums.

Ya, that one too, I've heard.

Edited in:  On second thought, isn't that the just another name for Wikipedia?  

Edited by Ret MP

33 minutes ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

@Tough as Leather  @Lloyd555 On the just installed Suite Blocks would the top be Deck 17 or 18? It looks to be perhaps two levels high.

Also way back in this thread we discussed that Icon May have suites up front and top similar to Edge Class ships. 

I was about to post, but having trouble matching up what I see in photos with deck plans... I'll repost...

Edited by Lloyd555

59 minutes ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

I think this is right. Going with what I am able to see on part of the construction plans. If we can get a clearer zoomed in view of that new block, I can confirm. 😄

1045773729_decks.jpg.94a125be9fc2aad88e5d0dce90e2c207.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Eragon666 said:

I saw this part in the making an icon part 2, but didnt see it posted anywhere just yet. Anyone have an idea what this will be for? Because of the camera 'sliding' through it during the video, I thought it might be a rollercoaster, but I didnt see that mentioned anywhere 🙂 

Or is it just a fancy light equipment rail for in a theater? 😄

image.thumb.png.2f3df39d24218fc9da34ae9996bda6e8.png

Definitely not a roller coaster. This is aluminum, not steal, and not gauged large enough for a coaster. I’d guess is some structural part of the aquadome which, being high on the ship, is certainly constructed from aluminum to save weight and keep the center of gravity low.

10 hours ago, deliver42 said:

I'm hoping that all the balcony cabins aren't  Infinite Verandas, because if they are, I'll stick to the Oasis Class. I booked a Sunset veranda on the Beyond to get away from the  IV's.

Hi. What is the downside?  It seems like they would be as good if not better than regular balconies?

11 hours ago, topanga49er said:

Hi. What is the downside?  It seems like they would be as good if not better than regular balconies?

Seems like the downside for me would be the inability to keep the room cool while the "balcony" is open. For me, that is the single most important part of the room... the temperature.

12 hours ago, topanga49er said:

1 hour ago, Mikew0805 said:

Seems like the downside for me would be the inability to keep the room cool while the "balcony" is open. For me, that is the single most important part of the room... the temperature.

Another downside from what I have heard is that when one person in the room is an early riser and likes to get up grab a coffee and sit on the balcony while the other person sleeps is no longer possible

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Another downside from what I have heard is that when one person in the room is an early riser and likes to get up grab a coffee and sit on the balcony while the other person sleeps is no longer possible

OK so thats a problem for us!

My routine is to get up around 6am , go down and get my coffee then sit in the balcony for a couple of hours watching the world go by while my wife wakes up!

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Ret MP said:

Thank you for the great laughs you gave me with this post. Still laughing and will read whenever I need cheering up.

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

So book a balcony room. Nice to have options

Yet another video of the Icon of the Seas.

Another view of those new block atop the ship.

2117668835_xtremeseptember2520223.thumb.jpg.fab9b6379e82242f1a3b7ecbf45833be.jpg

They have installed  a C&A logo on the port side.

1331935041_xtremeseptember252022logo.jpg.817cbd3977a0def304bc426aed4704b9.jpg

And hat th e heck did they add to the top of the dome? It looks like a ...

70157252_xtremeseptember252022nipple.thumb.jpg.c0e14a9444be0c039ff534f4f4de623b.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, TMFTL said:

The big negative for IV IMO is you can't open a curtain a bit and sneak out on the balcony and not wake up your partner.  You have to raise the entire shade from floor to ceiling.  If they would put in a curtain instead of a shade it would make it more functional.

Looks like they added a curtain of some sort. 

2090265056_RCIICONVIDEOGRAB2.jpg.7dcf4c6

• Like 1