Icon of the Seas Blocks Are In The House!

On 10/27/2022 at 9:54 PM, T-2 said:

And thank you Everyone, I've never worked so hard to try and get someone to take my money :classic_cool: for a RCCL cruise.  (we'll make Diamond Plus on this voyage so very, very Loyal)  

Ain't it the truth, ain't it the truth!  It's taken me several days to finally get what we coveted after last Monday, but finally.....whew.  It typically takes a few minutes to complete a booking with any other ship in the fleet!  I honestly just do not comprehend what benefit they get from eliminating 2 people units.  It's like, oh you're only 2, YOU CAN"T HAVE IT!  WHAT...................

1 hour ago, Trixie21 said:

Just how fully booked is Icon after just 1 week?

I wouldn't trust anything you see on moch bookings right now.  Cabins become available it seems, every few hours.  My DD an her hubs are looking for an interior way out to Sept. 24 on our cruise and it doesn't show any available on deck 4...none!  I don't trust that.  Also some Central Park interior ocean view window cabins(no balcony) on deck 9 are apparently being held for 4 occupancy...what?  Don't trust that either.  Since when can't you book a cabin with Lazarus bunks and a couch just because there is only 2 of you?   After all, the wording says "UP to 3" !   I think things will change drastically the closer we get to the Miami arrival.

On 10/27/2022 at 2:10 PM, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

"Icon is going to spell the end of Royal Caribbean!" 😉

The Cruise Line Reports Reservations Reached a New Single-day All-time High in its 53-year History: https://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/press-release/1621/record-breaking-bookings-for-a-record-breaking-ship-royal-caribbeans-icon-of-the-seas-sets-new-record/

Is it possible Royal is overexaggerating the amount of bookings for the first day just to get more people to run out and book the ship as soon as possible. 

I'm always leery of reading press releases from Royal Caribbean.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Trixie21 said:

Just how fully booked is Icon after just 1 week?

I have looked at crown loft suites on 5 different sailings across 2024 and into 2025 and all are showing just 1 left?

And they are an extortionate price as well.

If Royal are able to command prices like that for Icon class and maintain them they will soon pay of their debt lol

Only RCI knows, but certainly not like some here think. Most cabins maybe held for TA's blocks, while there is that new doubles/triples/quads out there. Let the hype to fade a little bit and sooner rather than later we'll to know.

1 hour ago, Tough as Leather said:

We won't have the Carnival Celebration blocking some of the views of the Icon of the Seas as of Wednesday November 2. Safe travels.

📷 finki.22

finki.22_1667135526665716.thumb.jpg.0e48a3efa8b352929787e6bc5587655f.jpg

We'll get a nice straight on view of the AquaDome. 😄

• Like 4

It’s not anything knew. New ship, new features, new hype, new excitement, all means new interest.  I booked a balcony room for two under $3300.00 total cost, D2 balcony . I’m just a diamond member. I’ve never done an inaugural cruise , so I’m looking forward to it. And just like all the other RCI ships that came before, the price started high, then it stabilizes.  This is not a new concept.  It’s okay everyone. It’s okay,   

They lifted the strange structure to the behind the dome itself. Maybe they are switching the cranes and will continue the operation. Still have no idea where it goes, is it part of the ship or is it the part of the lifting equipment of the dome itself? They started attaching the cables yesterday evening, and continued this morning. It took 8 hours before the lifting started so this is pretty complex operation.

2022-10-31 16_45_04-2022-10-31 15-51-41.mkv - VLC-mediasoitin.png

This was yesterday evening:

2022-10-30 17-24-21-DJI_0045.jpg

Edited by Eremita85
  • Like 5

On 10/29/2022 at 10:31 AM, dalee21860 said:

so is this a build thread or a booking thread ?

A build thread.  Hopefully, the booking thread will migrate elsewhere now that the initial excitement has passed, so everyone can all enjoy the build here. ☺️

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Drucruiser said:

It’s not anything knew. New ship, new features, new hype, new excitement, all means new interest.  I booked a balcony room for two under $3300.00 total cost, D2 balcony . I’m just a diamond member. I’ve never done an inaugural cruise , so I’m looking forward to it. And just like all the other RCI ships that came before, the price started high, then it stabilizes.  This is not a new concept.  It’s okay everyone. It’s okay,   

And that is not a bad quote by any means. The problem seems to rely more on the suites and above, plus the excess of 3+ cabins available compared to the lack of doubles. To each their own. Back in the day a few years ago, when Allure went Europe, fares were just relatively lower than that. I believe said time fares plus inflation from there onward makes this a nice deal, lately.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eremita85 said:

They lifted the strange structure to the behind the dome itself. Maybe they are switching the cranes and will continue the operation. Still have no idea where it goes, is it part of the ship or is it the part of the lifting equipment of the dome itself? They started attaching the cables yesterday evening, and continued this morning. It took 8 hours before the lifting started so this is pretty complex operation.

Wow! The fact that it took 8 hours definitely underscores the complexity as you note and delicate nature of that thing and the Aqua Dome in close proximity. Thanks for sharing these images.

By the way, do have any recent closeup photos of the starboard side Suite area around deck 15 and  18 that you don’t mind sharing here? Thanks 

On 10/29/2022 at 6:32 PM, DaniMSCRoyal_85 said:

This here pool:

IMG_20221030_013031.jpg

I think that structure is just above those pool viewing circles marked here, actually part of the aquapool and you'll be able to view the divers entering the water from this part of the solarium.

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

I think that structure is just above those pool viewing circles marked here, actually part of the aquapool and you'll be able to view the divers entering the water from this part of the solarium.

Another view of that structure -- There are two geodesic layers in the Aquadome -- one for the outside wall, one for the stage.

image.png.836889429c3cc104f52bc843ecbb4f47.png

• Like 2

I'm hoping out on a limb here and I hope I'm wrong but after watching "Makkng of an Icon 3" I can't help but feel that the Hideaway will be a for a fee venue.  In the video they referred to it as similar to the Beach Club which is also for a fee.

It looks to be small, exclusive and have easily gontrolled access points and some unique experiences that would certainly lend itself to being a for a fee venue.  Another first at sea. 

• Like 1