Icon of the Seas Blocks Are In The House!

2 hours ago, Eremita85 said:

This is from yesterday evening
2023-06-0723-06-22-DJI_0965-Enhanced-NR.thumb.jpg.8da73cfbabc5460d94ea13f2dca1b4c5.jpg

Excellent!😃. Thank you very much for taking the time to go back there and share your amazing photos. I know all of us here appreciate what you do and share with us.

@topanga49er See photo that @Eremita85 was kind enough to share here with us. Can you now make out your cabins 😀?

Edited by Tall-Cruiser
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

Excellent!😃. Thank you very much for taking the time to go back there and share your amazing photos. I know all of us here appreciate what you do and share with us.

@topanga49er See photo that @Eremita85 was kind enough to share here with us. Can you now make out your cabins 😀?

One more photo of that area from tonight.

2023-06-09 00-09-02-IMG_4005-HDR.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Eremita85 said:

One more photo of that area from tonight.

How about this guesstimate of the cabin numbers on deck 17 and the most forward JS on 16? @Lloyd555 @topanga49er what are your thoughts? I tried to estimate the OS since they have a separate bedroom and counting the visible panels.

IMG_1303.jpeg

Edited by Tall-Cruiser

26 minutes ago, mramella said:

Great pics! Would you be able to get a close up-pick of the stern? We're booked in cabin 14756. Curious to see how big the balcony is 🙂.

image.thumb.png.36203eee03c98fbafbbf469365a2ada0.png

Here is a view.
📷 Jari Laaksonen 

JariLaaksonen3.thumb.jpg.7ebb75412e86673c3c063d1bc90e72e2.jpg

• Like 4

11 hours ago, ISHOULDABENAPIRATE said:

Could you get a close up of deck 14 aft starboard . I am curious what the grey areas will be. Thanks

This area? I don't think I have a closer photo of the aft since I can't fly over the shipyard area.

2023-06-10 16_15_06-Lightroom Catalog-2-2-v12 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Develop.png

Edited by Eremita85
  • Like 4

There are four lifeboats waiting at the shipyard and if I understood correctly, four of them will be taken to the sea trials. One is already waiting in the water near the bow, the other is on the other side sitting on the dock. They have also started painting the BIG name on the port side of the ship.

Bonus photo: The mystery ball #2 for the upcoming Icon 2 have made an appearance.

2023-06-10 19-32-20-DJI_0072.jpg

2023-06-10 19-30-33-DJI_0062.jpg2023-06-1019-12-02-IMG_4602.thumb.jpg.5ee847305b1fce07db3c8e6ac76da97d.jpg

2023-06-1019-13-03-IMG_4631.thumb.jpg.d9cc97b9eed04c6b5f89977dae04f2c9.jpg2023-06-10 19-26-23-DJI_0047.jpg

Edited by Eremita85
  • Like 7

From Hemiva Oy

· 
A month ago, we finally got in place our whole walls windows in our two-story suite cabins. Now we can get the installation going at full speed.
We are building a new luxury world biggest cruise ship, RCCL Icon Of The Seas in Meyer Turku Shipyard.
Our scope is build 61pcs. luxury cabin. Cabins are built on board. The largest cabin, the Royal Suite, is a two-story 130m2.
At the moment we are preparing our areas for the ship's first sea trial. According to the plan, the ship leaves the yard on Sunday.

Hermiva2.thumb.jpg.fb9a7d7e4b79fb1a80034d8e419719db.jpg

Hermiva3.thumb.jpg.adaecd7431f4a00646cc5229eeac6a4f.jpg

herm.thumb.jpg.46539ab02e270853362fbeb3a15b25a4.jpg
  • Like 5

22 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The AIS transponder has been turned on so she can now be tracked.

Have followed this thread all the way, not booked on her yet as the prices are too high for me right now, hoping that when her sister(s) go on sale the price will drop a bit and we will experience her for ourselves.  Can't wait to see the pics and videos when the sailings start.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, welshrich said:

Have followed this thread all the way, not booked on her yet as the prices are too high for me right now, hoping that when her sister(s) go on sale the price will drop a bit and we will experience her for ourselves.  Can't wait to see the pics and videos when the sailings start.

I felt the same way about the prices, but this last week our TA had a great group rate and I couldn’t resist.  Keep watching, you might find a good deal.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Eremita85 said:

Icon of the S...

Almost completed 😀👍

Have they started painting the name on the Starboard side? They are probably trying to get the name on before the Sea trials.
Thanks as always for sharing your photos.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

Almost completed 😀👍

Have they started painting the name on the Starboard side? They are probably trying to get the name on before the Sea trials.
Thanks as always for sharing your photos.

Noup, the painting on the starboard side is a bit unfinished anyway as you can see from the webcam:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PaNCSVZ5Pc

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Florida Fan said:

What a beautiful view! Do people who live there enjoy watching the ships being built?

Quite a lot of people pass by to look at the ships either from the Raisio Marina or from the nature trail that runs along the opposite shore. Of course, not everyone likes the look of the Icon but the size of the ship alone is something that many people come to see.

• Like 1

https://www.instagram.com/p/CtgxT0mqiza/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Icon will depart from the Turku shipyard for the first time ever during the weekend, when Icon's week-long sea trials begin. 

We are once again very happy that we get to celebrate yet another significant achievement, as Icon leaves the outfitting pier for the first time, and continues her journey through the Turku archipelago towards the sea. The sea trial will involve testing of Icon's systems and features that can't be tested while docked.

Thank you to everyone involved in the Icon project! Icon's seaworthiness is the result of the combined expertise of Meyer's top professionals from many diferent fields.

Let's wish a good voyage to Icon of the Seas, and prepare to welcome Icon back to the shipyard after her trials!

#IconoftheSeas
#MeyerTurku
#RoyalCaribbean
#SeaTrials

• Like 6