2 Royal cruises booked Same Day. Different ship

Partner an I are both booked on one cruise. He wants to book a different ship same day, different port  for himself only. Not going into why.....  question is can he have 2 bookings and decide right up to the last minute which one he takes. What happens?

8 minutes ago, ShipRiders said:

Partner an I are both booked on one cruise. He wants to book a different ship same day, different port  for himself only. Not going into why.....  question is can he have 2 bookings and decide right up to the last minute which one he takes. What happens?

You can book 2 refundable rate cruises and cancel one of them outside of final payment - not sure if that's your definition of "last minute".

5 minutes ago, JennyB1977 said:

Per Royal Caribbean Under 30 days.... Cancellation Charge is 100% of the total price. UNLESS, he has cancel for any reason travel insurance....

He has no insurance so figured that would be the case. 

4 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

You can book 2 refundable rate cruises and cancel one of them outside of final payment - not sure if that's your definition of "last minute".

Last minute is litterly right up to day before sailing. Will they reprice mine as a solo then. If I do a no show for him will it be a problem for him getting on the other ship. What a mess this could be.

1 minute ago, ShipRiders said:

Last minute is litterly right up to day before sailing. Will they reprice mine as a solo then. If I do a no show for him will it be a problem for him getting on the other ship. What a mess this could be.

The second person can be a no show and they will get credit back for the port fees and taxes

2 minutes ago, ShipRiders said:

If you go to board and he is not there, they will not charge you more. They will refund his port fees and taxes.

4 minutes ago, ShipRiders said:

No mess at all. You won't be repriced if you just let it be a no show. No affect on him going on the other ship.

4 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

No mess at all. You won't be repriced if you just let it be a no show. No affect on him going on the other ship.

That's good to hear  thanks.

3 minutes ago, molly361 said:

BUT it will be very costly if you keep both bookings up until what you are calling the last minute.

That will be his problem, thankfully not mine

6 hours ago, Biker19 said:

If he is a no show ... he is NOT getting any money back/refunded from the cruise line where he was a No Show.  That is the reason you won't get 're-priced' as a Solo ... cruise line has received payment for TWO people cruising.  So in actuality ... if he goes on the 'other' cruise ... he has paid for TWO cruises.