Status Match: Expiration date?

hawkeyetlse

Voyagers' Club was introduced at the end of July 2015.  Up until then, there was no expiry date for membership*, so, technically, nobody's membership could expire before July 2018, when the 3 year rule was introduced.  Which means that they were still members when they status-matched in 2017.  They should have received a new membership number at the time.  There have been many, many threads on the subject since the VC introduction which would have outlined all of this.

*Long, long ago, membership did expire.  I've been sailing with MSC since 2011;  from some time before that, they removed the expiry policy.  Pete (Skier52) has more definitive information around this.  I just add this to qualify the statement I made. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

It's been mucked up like that for a couple of weeks now on the UK site, you can't book andy excursions or extras while it is like that either!

It came back last week for one day and my status was still intact, just keep checking, it will come back eventually.

Lol! You’re right. It is correct today.

A comment about expiration date... mine says March 21, 2022. But I disembarked on March 12, 2019.... so it isn’t “exact”! 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, little britain said:

Lol! You’re right. It is correct today.

A comment about expiration date... mine says March 21, 2022. But I disembarked on March 12, 2019.... so it isn’t “exact”! 

Your right it's back for me this afternoon as well, it was still faulty first thing, bet it does not last more than 24hrs.

Anyone on the UK site: Check your VC quickly while it's up!

Edited by ziggyuk

21 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

Your right it's back for me this afternoon as well, it was still faulty first thing, bet it does not last more than 24hrs.

Anyone on the UK site: Check your VC quickly while it's up!

I've taken a screen grab!!!

• Haha 1

I can see our VC membership information but it requests that I update the VC information for DH for our forth coming web check in, if I click the link, I get an error "sorry this page is cruising right now".

We should have our tickets next week, I'll see what they say 🤔

Edited by CruisingFox27

1 hour ago, CruisingFox27 said:

I can see our VC membership information but it requests that I update the VC information for DH for our forth coming web check in, if I click the link, I get an error "sorry this page is cruising right now".

We should have our tickets next week, I'll see what they say 🤔

I want to know what is wrong with my passport date, both our passports are showing invalid dates!

I was thinking US date format but that can't be or the expiry would also be rejected.

passport.thumb.JPG.91b69a923e65104b7f0bf50693154aba.JPG

I will work out in the end 😂

Edited by ziggyuk

CF, same thing happened to us when we tried to do web check in for our Lirica sailing in March. The site wanted us to update our profiles but wouldn't let us input anything,  got our travel agent to do it.

Speaking of Voyagers Club,  we did Status Match in January. It had been over four years since our last MSC cruise, my wife's status had disappeared & mine had Welcome status ( although still with the correct amount of points).

We were matched to black, she was issued a new VC number, mine stayed the same. Fast forward to now & she was credited points for the Lirica sailing, I wasn't, so chasing that one now! 

28 minutes ago, the wandering two said:

CF, same thing happened to us when we tried to do web check in for our Lirica sailing in March. The site wanted us to update our profiles but wouldn't let us input anything,  got our travel agent to do it.

Speaking of Voyagers Club,  we did Status Match in January. It had been over four years since our last MSC cruise, my wife's status had disappeared & mine had Welcome status ( although still with the correct amount of points).

We were matched to black, she was issued a new VC number, mine stayed the same. Fast forward to now & she was credited points for the Lirica sailing, I wasn't, so chasing that one now! 

@hawkeyetlse

OP: This post should give you some hope!

22 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Voyagers' Club was introduced at the end of July 2015.  Up until then, there was no expiry date for membership*, so, technically, nobody's membership could expire before July 2018, when the 3 year rule was introduced.  Which means that they were still members when they status-matched in 2017.  

Aha! So maybe if they had sailed before July 2018, their membership (with the Status Match) would have been valid. If only MSC were capable of explaining things as clearly as you have!

15 hours ago, the wandering two said:

We've had a couple of occasions were the points weren't allocated correctly, once I'd emailed VC they did resolve promptly.

Edited by CruisingFox27

On 5/3/2019 at 3:46 PM, ziggyuk said:

I want to know what is wrong with my passport date, both our passports are showing invalid dates!

I was thinking US date format but that can't be or the expiry would also be rejected.

Had exactly the same issue. Kept coming up with the orange error. I called them and they said everything was fine and completed.... but it still says on earlier page that I have not completed registration 🤷‍♀️ 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, CruisingFox27 said:

We've now received our tickets 😀😀😀

It's always a great feeling when the tickets arrive - especially when everything is in order!  👍 

You'd have to wonder how things can be so wrong in our personal areas on the website, when they have the correct information in their ticketing system.  🙄

It'll be no time now before you're onboard making the rest of us jealous!  😂

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

It's always a great feeling when the tickets arrive - especially when everything is in order!  👍 

You'd have to wonder how things can be so wrong in our personal areas on the website, when they have the correct information in their ticketing system.  🙄

It'll be no time now before you're onboard making the rest of us jealous!  😂

You do wonder how they can arrange the logistic of a fleet and all that it encompasses but cannot program a website?!

18 days, 17 hours and 45 minutes until we fly 😀

We are not very excited or counting.....much 😂

• Haha 1

I've set our countdown to flight departure time as it's a day earlier than our sailing date, that's when the holiday begins 😎 I could deduct a further 6 hours really as that'll be when we set off for Dublin and is the day before that....

On 5/3/2019 at 3:46 PM, ziggyuk said:

Quick! It is working today !  My Web Checkin has a big tick by it!!!

Good luck!