"Live" From Allure of the Seas. May 5-12, 2019 - Powerful and Mysteriously Attractive

4 hours ago, Ukigirl said:

We are at the airport waiting for our flight! Was hoping for couple days of Florida sunshine but might not happen. Who cares, officially on vacation! See you on board.

Fingers crossed for some sunshine. See you on Sunday!

4 hours ago, potatotomato said:

so excited to be on this cruise.  2 more days!!!!!

Yup yup! See you on the ship! 

3 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Yes, we have 2 sleeps till the cruise.

Be seeing you soon! 

You will have to let us know how the Unlimited Dining Package works out for you. Were you able to get lunch in a specialty restaurant on embarkation day? Were you able to go to the specialty restaurants that open mid afternoon on port days?

5 hours ago, Ronaldo807 said:

You will have to let us know how the Unlimited Dining Package works out for you. Were you able to get lunch in a specialty restaurant on embarkation day? Were you able to go to the specialty restaurants that open mid afternoon on port days?

I’ve done the Ultimate Dining Package a few times prior to the change and ironically on embarkment day I always got lunch, port days I always got a lunch/snack after 330 at Sabor. Also always had a couple meals at Hibachi too. Will see if we are able to pull it off this cruise too. Love the Unlimited Dining Package! 

• Like 1

Me!!!!!  I'm ready to go crusing!  Downing the giant size coffee and marking things off the list.  

I can practically taste the Pina Colada that is waiting for me.

Smooth travels

Red

Edited by NeedSunshine

Ive got to Ouija Board all packed and ready for some ghostly experience.

90CAD78A-86D2-4B1B-B36F-836A7FC9594A_zps

A few weeks ago I was helping the person I sold one of my houses as we had become friends to move as they had just sold it. As the movers were moving their stuff we were chit chatting and I figured this was a good time to ask since they were moving. I asked did you ever see the friendly ghost in the house? They freaked, what a ghost? If we saw that we would have moved the next day. So then I said well maybe the spirit was attached to one of the older pieces of furniture I had. 

So the next day I went back to help on the final move day I asked if they saw the ghost that night. They were not impressed, but it helped in moving now as they were afraid of the ghost in what is now both of ours old house. 😀

My cabin is on deck 9 unless today I happen to luckily win my RoyalUp cabin upgrade. I’ll keep an eye out for ghosts. 

0BA7044C-9116-4AAB-89C5-94F9D619F6C5_zps

Worst part about a week away is leaving these two behind. I’m ok leaving the family members in the house not cruising with me though, I’m ok with the stink eye. But they better take good care of these two.

E8F91B30-69E9-452A-A954-472D987404DC_zps

Edited by MrFunInTheSun
  • Like 15

36 minutes ago, NeedSunshine said:

Me!!!!!  I'm ready to go crusing!  Downing the giant size coffee and marking things off the list.  

I can practically taste the Pina Colada that is waiting for me.

Smooth travels

Red

Safe travels, see you on the ship soon!

Our beloved Maureen cruiser is currently cruising on the Carnival Sunrise. Sadly she will not be cruising with us. I’m hoping she pops in and gives us some live updates from the Carnival Sunrise. I asked her why she isn’t in this picture of the Congo line that I saw from her boarding day and she said she almost missed the ship and got on just in time for muster drill. I can’t wait to get the full story on that. 😀

01BBFA29-C441-4F02-A3F9-7075B8236A72_zps

Maureen your spirit will forever be with us though here on the beautiful Allure of the seas...

I remember reading your Symphony review and being excited because if you’re on Allure, that means our cruise on Allure is almost here (July). It will be great to follow along as details on the dining package rebranding have been sparse. Have fun, and thanks for bringing us along!

4 hours ago, MrFunInTheSun said:

My cabin is on deck 9 unless today I happen to luckily win my RoyalUp cabin upgrade. I’ll keep an eye out for ghosts. 

Oh yes, look out for Mr. Ghost at the back of the ship! Our friends also on the 9th didn't have a cabin near us and didn't get to meet him.

Made it to the east coast of Florida, drove thru a couple monsoons on the way here.

5E6C9352-6CA1-47EB-9FF1-BFDFFF32E84D_zps

Along the way listened to Yacht Rock Radio On SiriusXM and got reminded of my old boat named after my ex wife and summers during my youth cleaning and sealing teak decks.

68A44B2C-F7DF-482E-A622-030ED9607E5E_zps

7A1657E8-4E93-4599-A54E-291F081656C4_zps

425F39ED-7B9F-479D-A39E-5D5F33EEA669_zps

Almost time for our last meal on land. Tomorrow night we will be eating at Hibachi. We messaged a friend that works on the ship to help us out with a reservation. Tomorrow nights dinners are going to be a zoo with our 7pm muster then our 8pm sail away. 

Edited by MrFunInTheSun
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, reaton said:

I remember reading your Symphony review and being excited because if you’re on Allure, that means our cruise on Allure is almost here (July). It will be great to follow along as details on the dining package rebranding have been sparse. Have fun, and thanks for bringing us along!

Glad your cruise isn’t to far off. I can’t wait to get back on her tomorrow! Thanks for following along! 

6 hours ago, Lovecruisingandmusic said:

Oh yes, look out for Mr. Ghost at the back of the ship! Our friends also on the 9th didn't have a cabin near us and didn't get to meet him.

I’ll be very disappointed if I don’t see a ghost! Thanks for following along! 

6 hours ago, RickinStl said:

Following along.. 

Thanks for following along Rick! See you in September on beautiful Lady Harmony!

1 hour ago, ALSEAU said:

Thanks for taking time to share your experience on the Allure!

Thanks for following along!

1 hour ago, Luv06012012 said:

We'll be on Allure for the first time in August...I'm so excited for your review!  Loving your pre-trip warm up!

12 hours ago, MrFunInTheSun said:

Ive got to Ouija Board all packed and ready for some ghostly experience.

90CAD78A-86D2-4B1B-B36F-836A7FC9594A_zps

A few weeks ago I was helping the person I sold one of my houses as we had become friends to move as they had just sold it. As the movers were moving their stuff we were chit chatting and I figured this was a good time to ask since they were moving. I asked did you ever see the friendly ghost in the house? They freaked, what a ghost? If we saw that we would have moved the next day. So then I said well maybe the spirit was attached to one of the older pieces of furniture I had. 

So the next day I went back to help on the final move day I asked if they saw the ghost that night. They were not impressed, but it helped in moving now as they were afraid of the ghost in what is now both of ours old house. 😀

0BA7044C-9116-4AAB-89C5-94F9D619F6C5_zps

Worst part about a week away is leaving these two behind. I’m ok leaving the family members in the house not cruising with me though, I’m ok with the stink eye. But they better take good care of these two.

E8F91B30-69E9-452A-A954-472D987404DC_zps

It’s that the worst! Stink eye can be overcome but guilt lingers. Good dog sitters are worth their weight in gold. Glad you have one! Enjoy your cruise.  

35 minutes ago, Septemberbride07 said:

It’s that the worst! Stink eye can be overcome but guilt lingers. Good dog sitters are worth their weight in gold. Glad you have one! Enjoy your cruise.  

Yeah those I left behind at the house are taking good care of them. 

That magical day has finally arrived, it’s like being a kid and it’s Christmas morning. Wonder what Santa has in store for us today?

8F5450C4-A534-4BC2-8653-6D50C6B7695A_zps

The sun is shining and it’s a beautiful day here on the east coast of Florida 

D8220FFC-534B-49E9-A4D0-E116115FDD0D_zps

Plans are to leave here shortly after 10am and arrive at Port Everglades at 130-200pm.

We’ve gotten conflicting information as everyone got times according to when they checked in. Earlier this week we all got an email Strictly saying DO NOT go to the port before 4PM and you will not be permitted on the ship any earlier.

Some folks from a FB roll call called as you can imagine it created panic and appeared to piss on a few folks Cherrios. Some folks called in and phone reps told them to ignore that and go with the time period your check in gave you. My guess is they sent that message knowing maybe half that amount would actually read the email and actually abide by it to help reduce the madness they know will be happening. 

We plan to still get there somewhat early and see how it all unfolds. A new fun adventure. 😀

D1967F3A-8E56-464D-9FA9-BA43A68228A1_zps

• Like 1