Favorite specialty restaurant on Allure?

We went to Chops and Johnny Rockets when we went on Allure. Not a speciality but I made a trip to Park Cafe on a daily basis for the roast beef buns.

Just noticed, none of them will be much use to yourself.

Edited by mcoler181
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, mcoler181 said:

We went to Chops and Johnny Rockets when we went on Allure. Not a speciality but I made a trip to Park Cafe on a daily basis for the roast beef buns.

Just noticed, none of them will be much use to yourself.

I always love park cafe and we get a 'free' Johnny rockets so I'll do a burger there. Meat is my friend, it's DH that is complicated :). Thank you.

3 minutes ago, mcoler181 said:

Chops was really nice, no fish on the menu though 😂

For clarity, that is incorrect. We've ate at Chops many times. There is fish for both appetizer and main. For appetizer there is shrimp, tuna tatar' and a crab cake. There used to be amazing scallops but they got rid of those in the last menu change.  The dinner entry was salmon, shrimp, and one more (cod?).  DH actually likes Chops :). 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, vanelli56 said:

It would be a toss up between chops or 150 Central Park. If I had to choose only one... I'd go with 150 Central park. 

That is where we are leaning because we have done chops many times. 

I've never done Giovanni's. Is it similar in quality to Jamies Italian? 

3 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

That is where we are leaning because we have done chops many times. 

I've never done Giovanni's. Is it similar in quality to Jamies Italian? 

We have done Giovannis Table... but have not done Jamies Italian yet so I cant compare those two. But, we'll be on Mariner next weekend and will be trying Jamies then.

I will say that while Giovannis was good... we opted to only eat there once. Where as we went to both chops and 150CP twice. 

• Like 1

I love Sabor, I know it's not high on peoples list and I'm not sure what your husband could have since I eat meat and those were the choices I focused on.  But I love the guacamole they make table-side,  the  barbacoa short rib tacos are amazing and jalapeno garlic tiger shrimp was also a favorite.  

I just pulled up a menu and it appears they do have lots of fish and seafood offerings so that might work.  

Don't forget dessert, the banana and chocolate chimichanga is sinful it's so good.

I'm so sad that it's being replaced before I will get a chance to experience it again.  It will change to a playmakers when Allure goes for dry dock next year.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, queenfrostine22 said:

Every restaurant offers a seafood or fish option-even at the all you can eat meat on a stick dining in the solarium (they have made up a platter of salmon and shrimp for me at each visit) since I also only eat fish and shellfish.

Thank you, that is very helpful. The Brazilian Steakhouse is DH's favorite on the Away class which is weird because it's mostly meat but they offer two fish options. One is sea bass steamed in banana leaves and the other was grilled shrimp. I did not see any fish listed on allure menu so it's great to know they will accommodate.

On our trip last month I would have anticipated Giovanni's being my favorite, but really Central Park 150 was.  That was a really excellent meal in a great setting.  I thoroughly enjoyed it.   We did eat "outside" at Giovanni's and the weather was perfect for that too but the food and service weren't up to par that night. 

I would choose Sabor if going off of a steal of a price for how delicious their quesadillas and guacamole is, but if it's ambiance you are looking for, Giovanni's is your choice.  They bring out so much food that you don't know what to do with it.  It is one of the best Italians meals I've ever had.  Yes Chops is delicious as well, but the experience of Giovanni's along with the taste of the food, trumps just a fantastic steak in my opinion.  

Thanks everyone for the replies so far. I would have thought that 150 Park would have had more votes since it seems to be the most 'fancy' menu. We get one dinner from our TA so that's what I'm trying to book. We also get one lunch but I haven't been assigned a room yet so I don't know if the lunch will be Johnny Rockets (boardwalk balcony) or Giovanni's (Central park). 

Is 150 central park just not that good? (I know food is subjective)

Keep the suggestions coming please.

2 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Thanks everyone for the replies so far. I would have thought that 150 Park would have had more votes since it seems to be the most 'fancy' menu. We get one dinner from our TA so that's what I'm trying to book. We also get one lunch but I haven't been assigned a room yet so I don't know if the lunch will be Johnny Rockets (boardwalk balcony) or Giovanni's (Central park). 

Is 150 central park just not that good? (I know food is subjective)

Keep the suggestions coming please.

I have done 150 central park twice and while the food was really good, I find the atmosphere off putting for me.  I like a restaurant where everyone is talking and laughing and 150 was just so quiet it's like eating in a library.  It could have just been the two times I went both were the last night of the cruise and everyone is tired or packing.  

The menu is always changing but the scallops and black cod were amazing when I had them.

• Like 1

I thought the food in 150 was just ok.  I loved the beet salad but thought the lobster Thermidor was terrible.  It was one tiny lobster tail, the same size as those served in the MDR on lobster night and it was dry.  I've had Thermidor several times at other restaurants, but none were as dry as this was.

I also wasn't impressed with the fried cheesecake for dessert.  Now, on the other hand the Chateaubriand that my sister had was wonderful.  I don't think I'd go there again as it wasn't anything that I felt I would want to repeat.

The steak in Giovanni's was better than that in Chops.  I Have had the Branzino and salmon in Chops and loved both of them.    I also enjoy the food in Samba.  I have not seen seafood in there, but there may have been shrimp and I wouldn't have paid attention to that as I am allergic to shrimp.

The one restaurant I think is not worth the money, is Sabor.  I think it is over priced for what I got.  I did love the guac though, but the chicken tacos were not good.  The tacos were like pancakes and the chicken was stringy stewed chicken.  Not worth going again for me.

• Like 1

We had an outside table at Giovanni's and it was lovely with the piano guy playing and telling stories during our meal.  The meal itself wasn't spectacular.  I think our friends enjoyed their experience at Chop more.  We had a free meal at Johnny Rocket's and it was 3PM and the place wasn't full but there was a wait for a table.  The food was just ok, as I expected for burgers and fries.

• Like 1