Since you all were so nice and helpful before...

Sersee

I have more questions.   This is about where to stay and transportation pre and post cruise.  I will be flying into MCO the day before.  I have enough points for one free night at Homewood Suites near Cape Canaveral. But how do I get there from the airport?  We have six people with the youngest being 14 , so if I ubered( which we don't like), I would need the XL one. I thought about renting a car which is still on the table since it might be my cheapest option at about $120. I know about Go Port Canaveral which is what I might use on the way back to the airport.  But I wanted to use my points and the package is $535 if I don't use points.

What do you guys do? 

53 minutes ago, Sersee said:

I have more questions.   This is about where to stay and transportation pre and post cruise.  I will be flying into MCO the day before.  I have enough points for one free night at Homewood Suites near Cape Canaveral. But how do I get there from the airport?  We have six people with the youngest being 14 , so if I ubered( which we don't like), I would need the XL one. I thought about renting a car which is still on the table since it might be my cheapest option at about $120. I know about Go Port Canaveral which is what I might use on the way back to the airport.  But I wanted to use my points and the package is $535 if I don't use points.

What do you guys do? 

Try Cocoa Beach Shuttle....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sersee said:

What do you guys do? 

Cortrans shuttle will charge you $20 per person from MCO to Port Canaveral and vice versa. I would recommend this for the return trip. I rented a car from Enterprise at MCO and dropped it the morning of the cruise at the Port Canaveral Enterprise. I then walked back to Homewood Suites. It was about a 20 minute walk. Enterprise doesn't charge the high 1 way drop fee like the other car rental places do (talking to you Hertz --- which is even closer to Homewood Suites Port Canaveral). We then took the hotel shuttle to the port. After the cruise we took Cortrans shuttle to MCO.

• Like 1

What we've done in the past is to rent a car from Avis at MCO. Then enjoy the day or evening and use a hotel of my choice. The morning of the cruise I would take the car to the Avis in Port Canaveral on Atlantic and they shuttle you to the port. We've done that twice before but not in 5 years so I don't know if they still have it.

• Like 2

We have rented a car from MCO from Budget/Avis as well and dropped off at the Atlantic Ave location (the Atlantic loc is considered cruise port shuttle), then took the Budget shuttle to the port/ship......easy peasy and then we had a car to go to any hotel or anywhere we wanted to eat, shop etc.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RRLLAL said:

What we've done in the past is to rent a car from Avis at MCO. Then enjoy the day or evening and use a hotel of my choice. The morning of the cruise I would take the car to the Avis in Port Canaveral on Atlantic and they shuttle you to the port. We've done that twice before but not in 5 years so I don't know if they still have it.

We just Did this in January, though we stayed several days pre-cruise in the Orlando area.  Even for the trip back to the Airport, it was no more expensive to rent from Avis and return it at MCO than take the shuttle, and since we had a late flight we could take our time, go have a nice lunch and get to the airport w/o having to wait hours before our flight.

• Like 2

let's do a lil math.  6 x $20 per person is $120 which appears to be the cost of the rental (plus gas and tolls).

the rental allows freedom of choice for dinner and any last minute shopping

you might actually pay more for the shuttle (don't forget the tip)

and if you shop might find a rental for less

UBER XL will be in the $120 range too ... so no cost saving there.

Well it will be more than that. I’m thinking of renting a car to Canaveral and returning it the next morning before getting on The cruise. I think people told me that the rental car place will drop us off at the port( will have to check that). Then when I get back... was going to use go port canaveral back to airport. That would be about $85. 

Im trying to find the easiest way to get back and forth.

Six plus bags will likely not for into an UberXL - usually a larger SUV or minivan that seats 7 counting the driver. You definitely will not fit if anyone packs like my wife! :classic_huh:

Listen to the CAPT and rent a van or pay a bit more to shuttle.

hmmmmm ... what's YOUR metric for EASIEST?

I thought you were looking at cost ...... NO?

IMO EASIEST means call a limo company and have a car waiting for me on either end .... the guy in the black suit with a sign that says "NAME"

it ain't the least expensive but there is NO CONFUSION ... he carries the bags .... the car is huge .... no worry about when it leaves or how many others it picks up (shuttle)

big.jpg

what's not to like?

1 hour ago, JohninDC said:

Six plus bags will likely not for into an UberXL - usually a larger SUV or minivan that seats 7 counting the driver. You definitely will not fit if anyone packs like my wife! :classic_huh:

Listen to the CAPT and rent a van or pay a bit more to shuttle.

I didn’t think of fitting the bags. I was going to rent a large suv . Although i had an armada and we did fit all of our bags in it to go to the airport.   Hmmm.  Is there a shuttle that takes you from MCO to hotel at the port?  I can pay for a shuttle on the way back to the airport 

1 hour ago, Capt_BJ said:

hmmmmm ... what's YOUR metric for EASIEST?

I thought you were looking at cost ...... NO?

IMO EASIEST means call a limo company and have a car waiting for me on either end .... the guy in the black suit with a sign that says "NAME"

it ain't the least expensive but there is NO CONFUSION ... he carries the bags .... the car is huge .... no worry about when it leaves or how many others it picks up (shuttle)

big.jpg

what's not to like?

Hmmm I may have to look into this😂😂 We did a limo when we went to Vegas because it wasn’t that much different then other options