Short changed on my cruise refund

Booked a cruise some time ago for a November 2019 cruise out of Singapore.

Something came up and was forced to cancel, i saw the credit and it’s not what i was told. My refund is way off , in fact they refunded me the total amt of penalty as opposed to the other chunk of deposit that i was due.. I expect to get passed around as soon as i make the call tomorrow morning, do you have any advice on who to call or appropriate dept. that can handle this? 

Thanks in advance

Edited by stickyshocker
Spell check

For some reason, I usually get multiple credits back rather than one lump sum. One time, the total amounts refunded were wrong. It was corrected in one phone call. 

Just call all the same number you used to cancel. 

Edited by lazydayz

1 minute ago, lazydayz said:

For some reason, I usually get multiple credits back rather than one lump sum. One time, the total amounts refunded were wrong. It was corrected in one phone call. 

Agree. Always get Refunds in multiple amounts. Example is when got $100 back came as $66 one day and couple days later $34, never in equal amounts

• Haha 1

To answer the question, yes it was an NRD.. I was willing to take the hit of $100 pp as stated and confirmed to me by the agent. There are three pax and that’s the total amount of credit i received. $214 and $86.. I do hope it’s just a coincidence not a royal mistake and that there would be more to follow.

I booked thru a certified vacay planner from Royal. 

Edited by stickyshocker

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Don’t forget that in addition to the $100pp penalty the balance of the deposit is issued as a future cruise credit to be used within a year and not as a refund. 

They never really mentioned the FCC, just a confirmation code and their word that my deposit (less $100pp )shall be credited back to the original form of payment.

Btw, i never received an email either that my cruise is officially cancelled.

2 hours ago, stickyshocker said:

They never really mentioned the FCC, just a confirmation code and their word that my deposit (less $100pp )shall be credited back to the original form of payment.

Btw, i never received an email either that my cruise is officially cancelled.

They do not send email confirmations when you cancel.  You should receive a FCC in the amount of your deposit less $100 pp penalty and the rest would have been credited back to your card