Checked in but luggage labels "pending"?

Csardas

We left on a cruise 3 weeks ago.  Our online luggage tags had the wrong room number.  I didn't even bother printing them.   They did it when we checked in.  Would have taken me longer to print it out and fold it properly.  

I NEVER get this big deal made about luggage tags.  Heck, nobody gets luggage tags for plane flights ahead of time.  And the cruise lines should absolutely stop mailing these things.  Ridiculous waste of money and labor.

Edited by jkgourmet

1 hour ago, jkgourmet said:

We left on a cruise 3 weeks ago.  Our online luggage tags had the wrong room number.  I didn't even bother printing them.   They did it when we checked in.  Would have taken me longer to print it out and fold it properly.  

I NEVER get this big deal made about luggage tags.  Heck, nobody gets luggage tags for plane flights ahead of time.  And the cruise lines should absolutely stop mailing these things.  Ridiculous waste of money and labor.

I do with Alaska Airlines.

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/travel-info/baggage/checked-bags/self-tag-express

1 hour ago, jkgourmet said:

The nice thing is, you don't have to request them if you don't like them :) 

I actually love the day y luggage tags come in the mail.  It signals "vacation & adventure" to me. :)

Kind of like back in the day when they would mail you the nice fat package of cruise docs. 

8 hours ago, Csardas said:

Hi all

Just idle curiosity but when do they usually make the labels available? We're 56 days before cruise.

You can order the tags when the web site tells you your cruise documents are available. They will be a place on the screen to order them. It usually is about seven weeks out, give or take.

I get the excitement.  Nevertheless, it's a waste of money and paper.  Eventually,  the industry will discontinue the practice like they are doing with straws, plastic water bottles, etc.

to each his/her own.