Canned Soda Package

Scottygirl1

Quick question - I'm thinking of buying the "Canned Soda Package" which is 6 cans of soda for our cruise to have with a small bottle of spirits which I'm also purchasing onboard.  It says that the bottle of spirits will be delivered to my stateroom on embarkation but will the soda also be in our stateroom or do I have to get this from the bar each time?  We are not getting a drinks package this cruise.  

You have to call room service to have the sodas delivered. There will be vouchers in your cabin for however many 6-for-5 deals you prepaid for. They cannot be redeemed at any bar, just through room service---which will gladly sell you the same deal throughout the cruise, so there really is no need to prepay.

1 minute ago, fishywood said:

You have to call room service to have the sodas delivered. There will be vouchers in your cabin for however many 6-for-5 deals you prepaid for. They cannot be redeemed at any bar, just through room service---which will gladly sell you the same deal throughout the cruise, so there really is no need to prepay.

Thanks for that!  We are getting the beer deal for our room on embarkation - my husband will enjoy that on the deck.  So if I buy a small bottle of spirits I can buy cans somewhere easily to take to my room?  Of course, I might buy some prior to boarding - that sounds like a better option perhaps 🙂

1 hour ago, Scottygirl1 said:

Thanks for that!  We are getting the beer deal for our room on embarkation - my husband will enjoy that on the deck.  So if I buy a small bottle of spirits I can buy cans somewhere easily to take to my room?  Of course, I might buy some prior to boarding - that sounds like a better option perhaps 🙂

It's not a problem to bring on cans of soda or even bottles of water. Typically a much better deal than purchasing on board.

1 hour ago, beg3yrs said:

It's not a problem to bring on cans of soda or even bottles of water. Typically a much better deal than purchasing on board.

Definitely a better deal. No limit on bringing soda aboard and you can get the type you like rather than being stuck with the limited selection on Princess.

22 minutes ago, Itisi said:

Is Dr. Pepper one of the available sodas in the package?

I don't believe Dr. Pepper is available on Princess ships. They carry Coke products. If you want Dr. Pepper bring your own.

2 hours ago, beg3yrs said:

For soda, do you have to bring it aboard at time of original embarkation or can you bring aboard at one of the port stops?  How about the wine you're allowed to bring aboard without charge -- if you don't bring it aboard at original embarkation, can you at a port stop?

6 minutes ago, royal65 said:

For soda, do you have to bring it aboard at time of original embarkation or can you bring aboard at one of the port stops?  How about the wine you're allowed to bring aboard without charge -- if you don't bring it aboard at original embarkation, can you at a port stop?

You can take soda aboard at initial embarkation - take it as carry on not in checked baggage. Take your 2 "free" bottles of wine aboard at embarkation - again as carry on - and you will "almost certainly" be allowed to bring one or two more aboard at port stops with no fee.

5 hours ago, Scottygirl1 said:

Quick question - I'm thinking of buying the "Canned Soda Package" which is 6 cans of soda for our cruise to have with a small bottle of spirits which I'm also purchasing onboard.  It says that the bottle of spirits will be delivered to my stateroom on embarkation but will the soda also be in our stateroom or do I have to get this from the bar each time?  We are not getting a drinks package this cruise.  

We just went thru this and the sodas will NOT be in your room when you board , you have to call room service and that is the problem they take the phone off the hook because they claim they so busy and i had to see a supervisor on the second day and he went and got me the 12 sodas i had purchased. Unlike Carnival that will have your sodas in your room when you arrive. If you notice on the Princess web site there is no way for you to specify what flavor of soda you want. Lesson learned !!!

50 minutes ago, modes said:

We just went thru this and the sodas will NOT be in your room when you board , you have to call room service and that is the problem they take the phone off the hook because they claim they so busy and i had to see a supervisor on the second day and he went and got me the 12 sodas i had purchased. Unlike Carnival that will have your sodas in your room when you arrive. If you notice on the Princess web site there is no way for you to specify what flavor of soda you want. Lesson learned !!!

Thanks - I think we'll cancel the beer too then because it probably won't be in the room on arrival.  We can buy a six pack of diet soda while in Rome and bring it in our carry on - more to lug around but probably worth it.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, royal65 said:

You can bring soda on board at any port.

On 5/5/2019 at 8:32 AM, fishywood said:

How do I buy cans of soda once onboard the ship (for drinking in our room)?  Is the price the same as the pre-purchase offer?  We just don't want to be lugging cans around in our carry on luggage.  Can they be put into our checked luggage?

1 hour ago, Scottygirl1 said:

How do I buy cans of soda once onboard the ship (for drinking in our room)?  Is the price the same as the pre-purchase offer?  We just don't want to be lugging cans around in our carry on luggage.  Can they be put into our checked luggage?

You can call room service and purchase the same six for the price of five deal as the prepaid one. Has been listed in the room service menu for as long as I can remember.

Unfortunately you are expected to carry on any sodas or water yourself, not in your checked luggage. The blue shopping bag from your last Princess cruise comes in very handy here. Any checked luggage with canned beverages inside could end up in the "naughty room" where you would be called down to open the bags in the presence of security to verify they are not beers (or those weak-as-water cocktails-in-a-can). 

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 5:37 PM, Thrak said:

I don't believe Dr. Pepper is available on Princess ships. They carry Coke products. If you want Dr. Pepper bring your own.

No Dr Pepper I know that one for sure already asked last cruise 

17 hours ago, Scottygirl1 said:

Contrary to what a previous poster said, there should be no problem putting sodas in your checked luggage.

16 minutes ago, beg3yrs said:

Contrary to what a previous poster said, there should be no problem putting sodas in your checked luggage.

Thanks - would make things easier.  I'm only buying 6 to go with my spirits (which I will buy from Room Service) onboard but great to not lug them around.