Norway on Journey - Azamazing Evening

Grandma Cruising

Bonnie, this is really a query for you. I hope you will be able to help us to find out about our Azamazing Evening on our Norway cruise.

We’re doing the 1 July 19 Norway cruise on Journey. I started the roll call soon after we booked onboard in November 2017. At that time the Azamazing evening was shown as a concert in the Greig Concert Hall in Bergen and we booked for it, and so did other early Roll Call participants. However those booking more recently have identified that this event has disappeared from both the Voyage Planner and the cruise description on the website. My booking still shows on my Voyage Planner, but it’s definitely not shown on the excursion list. 

Hi HGC,

Your AzAmazing Evening has changed to Trondheim, Norway, where it will be a concert at Nidaros Cathedral. It will be available for you to book on the Voyage Planner sometime next week.

Please share this on your Roll Call for me. 

Thank you for all you do for this forum! 

Bonnie 

• Like 1

Curious . . . I wonder if there’s something going on in Bergen.  We also had an Azamara shore excursion cancelled.  We’re supposed to be in Bergen until 11:00 pm.  Trondheim departure is listed as 8:00 pm.

Jerry

1 hour ago, Rabo said:

Curious . . . I wonder if there’s something going on in Bergen.  We also had an Azamara shore excursion cancelled.  We’re supposed to be in Bergen until 11:00 pm.  Trondheim departure is listed as 8:00 pm.

Jerry

I'm wondering if that departure time from Trondheim will be extended.  The cathedral is open to visitors until 6pm.  Hard to believe that they don't have all of the info yet to put up on the shore excursion page.  

Thanks Denise for getting Bonnie to look into this.  I had emailed and called and not gotten any answer.  Not surprising given shoreside operations.

Sue

2 hours ago, crzrr said:

I'm wondering if that departure time from Trondheim will be extended.  The cathedral is open to visitors until 6pm.  Hard to believe that they don't have all of the info yet to put up on the shore excursion page.  

Thanks Denise for getting Bonnie to look into this.  I had emailed and called and not gotten any answer.  Not surprising given shoreside operations.

Sue

As far as I know ( Trondheim Tourist Office) the Nidaros Cathedral closes at 2 p.m. on weekdays. We were already a bit concerned because the Journey only arrives at Trondheim at 1 o'clock and the cathedral is right at the other end of town.

4 minutes ago, grayjay said:

As far as I know ( Trondheim Tourist Office) the Nidaros Cathedral closes at 2 p.m. on weekdays. We were already a bit concerned because the Journey only arrives at Trondheim at 1 o'clock and the cathedral is right at the other end of town.

Go on the Cathedral's website.  You can actually look at the date that we are there and all times are listed.  Everything is open until at least 5pm and the Cathedral itself is open until 6pm.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, crzrr said:

Go on the Cathedral's website.  You can actually look at the date that we are there and all times are listed.  Everything is open until at least 5pm and the Cathedral itself is open until 6pm.

Thank you - that's great to hear. Strangely enough the information I found was on the Tourist Offices's website... Happy to have more time.

3 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

If you're going to have a private event there, you want the Cathedral to be 'closed.'

The Azamazing Evening is not likely to start until after 6, when the cathedral will be closed.

Edited by Host Grandma Cruising

• 2 weeks later...

I know - it's crazy!  Between this debacle and our March 2020 South America cruise craziness, I'm rethinking booking any more cruises on AZ.  They changed the itinerary for our March cruise, yet all of the shore excursions are still for the old itinerary.  My calendar currently shows that I will be doing two wine tours - one on the day of the cruise that we were originally in that port, and one on the day that we are actually in the port.  Maybe I'll get two excursions!!  Also showing excursions for a day at sea, old ports, none for new ports, etc.  Have tried twice emailing them and get the standard reply - will hear from us in 24-48 hours.  That was over a month ago and two weeks ago.  Must be on island time!  Maybe that's also why they said that we would hear about the Azamazing evening last week!  They really mean weeks from now! 😉 

• Haha 1

Bonnie, can you help at all? Not only is the Azamazing evening for our cruise still not showing in the Voyage Planner (nor in the cruise information on the website), but someone on our roll call rang Azamara today and was told the event was in Bergen!

Thanks.

20 hours ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

Bonnie, can you help at all? Not only is the Azamazing evening for our cruise still not showing in the Voyage Planner (nor in the cruise information on the website), but someone on our roll call rang Azamara today and was told the event was in Bergen!

Thanks.

Hi HGC,

I haven’t heard that it’s changed from Trondheim. I’ll ask for you tomorrow.