Inflatable baby pool

SFLcowboy78

SFLCowboy, have a great time. I think you are being very considerate here. You’re asking for ADVICE, not judgement.  It’s your vacation, so do what makes it enjoyable for you.  As long as you don’t infringe on other people’s space, it is nobody else’s business, especially if you clear it with Celebrity personnel beforehand. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mafig said:

What size are you envisioning?

I believe these are tiny....more like the size of a child's inner tube that's filled with a small amount of water.  

Nothing larger than a ice cream bowl. 😉

9 minutes ago, SFLcowboy78 said:

You should see what I consider to be a bowl of icecream, the baby pool might be smaller 🤣🤣🤣

I can relate to that. 😜 Talking Celebrity though. 

Edited by davekathy

OP,

Please do bring a small inflatable pool for your baby to enjoy. My husband and I have not travelled with a baby, but we have brought inflatable pools to use on our own balcony many times; we have enjoyed many private pool parties, mostly on the last sea days when deck space and chairs are at a premium. Helpful hint... we have used the cabin’s garbage can to fill our pool from the shower. We emptied it into the gutter/drain. We have used used different sizes, one just an inflatable foot bath, or a ‘ two foot’ pool and one big enough for four feet, thus a ‘four foot pool’, lol! We have surprised many fellow passengers when we have told them about our pool parties and have even invited fellow cruisers we have met to join us! Being considerate should be everyone’s responsibility, yours,  your fellow passengers and crew. I hope you have a wonderful cruise vacation with your family! 😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, SFLcowboy78 said:

The last one you link to would be the correct choice for shower, balcony or pool deck.  Anything larger and you risk interfering with others.  If used on the pool deck, use it along the outer edge of the deck (typically under shade as well for baby), and do not empty into the pool gutter drain.  There will be deck drains along the deck, with a gutter, and empty it there.  Same with your balcony, it has a drain.

As for the splash pad shown in the photos above, that is definitely not a swim diaper or non-potty trained splash area, and X runs the risk of a USPH violation if someone reports kids in swim diapers in that pool, but enforcement is up to X, and as a PP said, their philosophy may be "the customer is always right".  The only ships that allow swim diapers in specially designated areas (not the entire kid pool area) are all Disney ships, and RCI's Oasis, Quantum, Freedom, and some Voyager class ships.

20 minutes ago, chengkp75 said:

The last one you link to would be the correct choice for shower, balcony or pool deck.  Anything larger and you risk interfering with others.  If used on the pool deck, use it along the outer edge of the deck (typically under shade as well for baby), and do not empty into the pool gutter drain.  ...

Many people don't understand that if they dump the water from the inflatable pool into the main pool that they could be contaminating the main pool with fecal matter from the inflatable pool.

I also agree that anything larger than the very smallest inflatable pool in the balcony drain risks interfering with neighboring balconies or someone on the deck below you.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, SFLcowboy78 said:

I love the first one but its probably too big for standard balcony and besides it would just be Mrs. Dawg and me. But lower on the page they list portable inflatable hot tubes!!!

I wonder if they would fit on a balcony? ☺️ 😉

OP, here the sizes I mentioned in my earlier post; hope your baby has lots of fun in their private pool, a luxury most other cruisers should be jealous of! 😀

C64F4ABF-23B6-4B96-B9F3-6B19C433D62D.jpeg

CBCCBFB6-F06A-4712-8009-743AB2145289.jpeg

On 5/7/2019 at 5:34 PM, johno1234 said:

Agreed. There's not even space to put your drink down between the loungers.

People just move the loungers to make room for themselves.  They move the loungers to the pathway or in front of the stairs.