Pros & Cons: Apex Sky Suite 11200, and S1 vs S3 question

SempreMare

Hello X mavens, 

2 questions: 

1) Best guess - what would be the pros and cons of Sky Suite S1 11200 on the Celebrity Apex?  (arrow points to room below)

2) Why are the Sky Suites near the question mark in same pic but located on the 12'th floor be a category S3 instead of S1? 

I would expect Sky Suites on the same floor as Luminae to be priced at S1 level.

Room description does not mention any view obstructions.  Are they obstructed? 

Thanks so much for sharing your insights.

posted Sky Suite 11200 behind elevator.png

While not "obstructed" some S3's do have a view of the "spikes" on the Magic Carpet. Since the MC is often on deck 15, the spikes stick down under the MC and can be visible from some of the S3's. 

Somewhere, I saw a thread that had some good pictures of the "spikes" from the S3's. 

mac_tlc

• Like 1

You can check out similar cabins on the EDGE sticky and  many postings by Vt cruiser, and other reviews.  Some did not mind those along the track..others say avoid

• Like 1

If the Apex is indeed like the Edge, the S3 between the pillars of the magic carpet are fairly obstructed especially the two middle ones.   We were in S3 suite 7200 on the Edge and it was extremely obstructed when viewing to the sides due to the fact that the steel track for the magic carpet sticks out quite far.   A great view outwards though.  

I’ve recently done a mock booking for these suites and it still does not indicate anywhere that it is an obstructed view even though many people have voiced their displeasure to Celebrity.   The balcony is very wide which is nice but we only had the two small chairs and even smaller table. 

48CD152D-B027-478E-B62F-E5C4B7C39C24.png

412772AD-351E-4818-B31F-D14D323DE988.jpeg

• Like 1

Here is a thread with a lot of Edge suite info - post #8 describes the 3 types of Sky Suites, though the balconies now have bigger tables (or are in process of getting them) and now have nice coffee tables - the rockers are gone (too large for space).

All of the Sky suites inside the Magic Carpet rail are S3's (4 on each deck). I personally would stay away from the S3's on deck 12 (and maybe 11) after reading some of the reviews. Some may not mind, but I wouldn't like having the Magic Carpet docked on deck 14 much of the day right above my balcony. This is what it looks like (this is actually from a deck 11 S3):

image.thumb.png.d6cb8a3f3c29f67d87926fb45e55cffe.png

image.thumb.png.480f17defeec24121f0a0ae32ddc359b.png

Also, some of the reviews have talked about noise above a couple of those deck 12 S3's - maybe they have fixed it by now.

All S3's will have the rails block their views some, but the balconies are larger than the S1's and S2's and I think their views are pretty good (outward especially). If I had an S3, I would book an outside one (with the balcony window) on decks 8-10.

The sky suite layouts are different. I personally like the S1's (non-aft) and S2's that have the bed facing the sea and mirror/window in bathroom with better layout for closet, bathroom, IMO.

11200 is reviewed in the cabin thread below (post #63) and it was a positive review. It looks like a nice location near the elevator and central - it is on a bump out. You would have a view of the Magic Carpet, which is fun, but it is far enough away not to cause issues.

We loved our S1 on the Edge - 10147. I booked an S2 for an Apex cruise to save a little money (10123).  If there are any S2's available, they are just the same as the non-aft S1's, they just might be a little further from midship or on 9 and 10.

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, coldweathergirl said:

If the Apex is indeed like the Edge, the S3 between the pillars of the magic carpet are fairly obstructed especially the two middle ones.   We were in S3 suite 7200 on the Edge and it was extremely obstructed when viewing to the sides due to the fact that the steel track for the magic carpet sticks out quite far.   A great view outwards though.   

I’ve recently done a mock booking for these suites and it still does not indicate anywhere that it is an obstructed view even though many people have voiced their displeasure to Celebrity.   The balcony is very wide which is nice but we only had the two small chairs and even smaller table.  

Thanks for the great pictures and description. I haven't seen any reviews of the deck 7 S3's. Did you have any issues when the Magic Carpet was docked on 5 (noise, view impacted)?

If you have time and want to post a quick review on the Edge Cabin Info sticky, it would be most appreciated (and pictures would be helpful). 🙂  You just need to copy the info template in the first post and paste in into a post and complete the info. I will then enter it in the spreadsheet.

Thanks!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vtcruising said:

Thanks for the great pictures and description. I haven't seen any reviews of the deck 7 S3's. Did you have any issues when the Magic Carpet was docked on 5 (noise, view impacted)?

If you have time and want to post a quick review on the Edge Cabin Info sticky, it would be most appreciated (and pictures would be helpful). 🙂  You just need to copy the info template in the first post and paste in into a post and complete the info. I will then enter it in the spreadsheet.

Thanks!!

We had no noise from the magic carpet.   We actually never saw it go past our suite but it obviously did.   The suite was in a great location and really quiet. 

For those interested in a S3 in this location, try to choose one of the end ones between the magic carpet as there is a plexiglass side window built into the girder on outer side that allows you to view the ocean so it will be less obstructed. 

Yes, I’ll submit a room report.  I’ve found the spreadsheets so helpful in the past when booking cabins.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1