Taking wine on board

rojojacko

Good day

We are experienced cruisers and trying Cunard for the first time next month. It's my intention to take some wine on board at Southampton, say a couple of bottles for cabin consumption and another half dozen or so to take to the restaurant, which I realise I will need to pay corkage fees for. The Cunard FAQ section doesn't give any guidance on this so I am asking on this forum whether there is a process to follow when taking the bottles on board?

Many thanks in advance for your help. 

Rob

Don't take this the wrong way  ( but you did  ask )  Once onboard, take all of  your bottles into the restaurant at the same time,  well in advanced of your evening meal ( preferably in the afternoon, so as to be delivered to your sommelier ) Your wine will be prepared in advanced   (opened or chilled  and readily available on your table)  Nothing so naff as seeing 'some folks' arriving in the pubic bar venues for a pre dinner cocktail, with a bottle under their arm. 😉

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Underwatr said:

How does the waiter know which bottle to open on a particular day?

No problem.

The Somelier will have a copy of the next day's dinner menu, you can then decide together as to what of one of your special bottles is required, so it may be decanted.

20 hours ago, Bell Boy said:

Don't take this the wrong way  ( but you did  ask )  Once onboard, take all of  your bottles into the restaurant at the same time,  well in advanced of your evening meal ( preferably in the afternoon, so as to be delivered to your sommelier ) Your wine will be prepared in advanced   (opened or chilled  and readily available on your table)  Nothing so naff as seeing 'some folks' arriving in the pubic bar venues for a pre dinner cocktail, with a bottle under their arm. 😉

Or walking into the Restaurant with a (stateroom) glass of wine in hand, is another big naff.

Another naff is carrying a glass, and or in some cases many glasses, from any of the Welcome/Captain/Officer get togethers.

• Like 1

On 5/10/2019 at 11:09 PM, Underwatr said:

How does the waiter know which bottle to open on a particular day?

Well I think you would tell them in advance.  If it is white wine it would need to be chilled before one arrives at their table. 

• Like 1