NCL Pre Cruise Hotel Question

45 minutes ago, cruisekitty22 said:

Where do we find a list of hotels that NCL uses if you want to come in the day before for a cruise?  This is for New Orleans. Willing to pay the deviation fee. Hotel is  Dec 7 Cruise is December 8-13.

To find a helpful answer to your question, I logged into MY NCL account (we are cruising in November) and found this:

Note: I deleted extra info that would NOT be helpful!

Caribbean HOTELS

NEW ORLEANS

AC Hotel New Orleans Bourbon

221 Carondelet Street , New Orleans, LA 70130

Discover New Orleans from distinctive European sleek accommodations of the AC Hotel New Orleans Bourbon/French Quarter Area. An ideal destination for seamlessly blending business with pleasure, the hotel allows guests to immerse themselves in the authenticity of New Orleans' most iconic neighborhood. Occupying a historic building near the French Quarter in downtown New Orleans, the hotel's chic accommodations include comfortable guest rooms, some of which include sweeping city views. All rooms feature super comfortable beds with plush linens, a mini-refrigerator with 2 complimentary Voss waters , plug-in technology and access to Enhanced High-Speed Internet.

READ MORE >

How do you book hotels? 

Prices from $170 USD

Need Help Planning the Perfect Cruise Vacation?...

Whenever I have stayed at the Norwegian partnership hotel, it has come with transportation to the actual port and ship.

For examples, when I did The Getaway's 1st Transatlantic Crossing in January 2014, the partnership hotel was in London and transportation was provided to Southampton and The Getaway.

In Miami, Florida the partnership hotel is out near the airport and they provide transportation to the ship.

In Los Angeles, California the hotel is out by Los Angeles International Airport.  The cruise ship terminal is in San Pedro about 30 miles away.  Transportation from the hotel to the cruise ship terminal is provided as part of the package.

For many people including me as a solo passenger, it is much simpler and easier to purchase the hotel and transportation package.

34 minutes ago, www3traveler said:

Whenever I have stayed at the Norwegian partnership hotel, it has come with transportation to the actual port and ship.

For examples, when I did The Getaway's 1st Transatlantic Crossing in January 2014, the partnership hotel was in London and transportation was provided to Southampton and The Getaway.

In Miami, Florida the partnership hotel is out near the airport and they provide transportation to the ship.

In Los Angeles, California the hotel is out by Los Angeles International Airport.  The cruise ship terminal is in San Pedro about 30 miles away.  Transportation from the hotel to the cruise ship terminal is provided as part of the package.

For many people including me as a solo passenger, it is much simpler and easier to purchase the hotel and transportation package.

This sounds like a great way to book a hotel and then get transferred to the pier but do they charge you double for the room? I'm thinking that even if they do it still might be worth it so just wondering. 

Edited by All-ready2cruise

22 minutes ago, All-ready2cruise said:

This sounds like a great way to book a hotel and then get transferred to the pier but do they charge you double for the room? I'm thinking that even if they do it still might be worth it so just wondering. 

Yes, it does and the few times we have used the hotels they have been very nice. I think the 3 times I remember they were Hilton brand hotels. 

13 minutes ago, newmexicoNita said:

Yes, it does and the few times we have used the hotels they have been very nice. I think the 3 times I remember they were Hilton brand hotels. 

Right, however, as a solo cruiser now, I was wondering if they charge double the rate we see on NCL. In other words, I'm booked on the Gem from Boston and wanted to book the hotel, Four points by Sheridan. The fee is $195, which isn't bad IMO, until you double it b/c you're travelling solo.  Then, it becomes a little high, don't you think, or do the transfers off-set that add'l charge? 

I have had several different brands of hotels: Sheraton, Westin, Holiday Inn and a couple others.

The rates have been somewhat responsible.  A couple of times they came with coupons for either a percent off ( usually dinner) and or a free breakfast.

The bus comes to the hotel and off you go.

4 minutes ago, All-ready2cruise said:

Right, however, as a solo cruiser now, I was wondering if they charge double the rate we see on NCL. In other words, I'm booked on the Gem from Boston and wanted to book the hotel, Four points by Sheridan. The fee is $195, which isn't bad IMO, until you double it b/c you're travelling solo.  Then, it becomes a little high, don't you think, or do the transfers off-set that add'l charge? 

I certainly do think that is high. . I would check into what type of hotel service to the terminal that may be available. We usually book it on our own, but as I said we have used NCLs hotel service a few times: once in London, once in Hawaii and once in San Juan. 

Just now, newmexicoNita said:

I certainly do think that is high. . I would check into what type of hotel service to the terminal that may be available. We usually book it on our own, but as I said we have used NCLs hotel service a few times: once in London, once in Hawaii and once in San Juan. 

I agree, I think it can definitely depend on your destination. Boston, I'm finding, is quite expensive. Thanks for your feedback, Nita. I'll keep working on finding something more to my liking. 

Cheers

Before you book a hotel through any cruise line, it's good to check out what you could book the same hotel for directly, and what it would cost to get to the pier.   In some cities, it's not all that big a deal to get to the cruise terminal from a  hotel (Manhattan and Boston, for example), and you can go on your own timetable.  And the cruise line hotel might not be in a convenient location for touring (if you plan on doing that before your cruise).  Also, many cruise lines charge per person for a hotel room, and that can get very costly.   Or, you might find that the cruise line was able to negotiate a good group rate.   But just do your homework.  :classic_smile:

Edited by Turtles06