Cruise Budget Questions

GPBgal

I’m trying to do a realistic budget (as much as possible) for our upcoming cruise. HALs site doesn’t make that easy. Does anyone know the answers to the following? And if I’m forgetting anything please let me know. Thanks!

1. Does SBP price include the 15%tip?

2.what fitness classes are included and which cost $(and how much)?

3. Is there an extra tip for laundry service? 

4. Are there tips required for room service?

unrelated to budgeting, is there a place to find the daily schedules from this year?

Yes, the SBP includes tips in the cost.

No extra tips for laundry. Tips are NEVER required for anything, including room service. But they are commonly given.

Without knowing what cruise you are on, daily schedules aren't going to be very helpful.

Some fitness classes are free. Others have a nominal charge. 

There's no tip required for room service, but we always give a cash tip for each order. 

The SBP includes the gratuities. 

9 hours ago, GPBgal said:

I’m trying to do a realistic budget (as much as possible) for our upcoming cruise. HALs site doesn’t make that easy. Does anyone know the answers to the following? And if I’m forgetting anything please let me know. Thanks!

1. Does SBP price include the 15%tip?

2.what fitness classes are included and which cost $(and how much)?

3. Is there an extra tip for laundry service? 

4. Are there tips required for room service?

unrelated to budgeting, is there a place to find the daily schedules from this year?

You may find this spreadsheet helpful in your planning.   I created it for a world cruise, but it will work for any cruise

Cruise Cost Calculator

Edited by The-Inside-Cabin

The Signature Beverage Package is listed at $44.95 per day.  This price does not include the 15% service charge.  Your true cost with the service charge is $103.38 per day if you are traveling with any adult in your state room.  If one person buys the package the other adult must buy the package whether they use it or not.

Laundry and room service tips are not required however your final bill will show a "Hotel Service Charge" of $14.50/day for each adult in your cabin.  It will be $16.00/day per adult if you are in a Suite.  This is supposed to cover all tips for ship's service staff.   Although this is automatically added to the bill, it is not mandatory you pay it.  I have seen passengers at the front desk demanding the charges be removed.  Most people agree to the charge because they feel the wait staff and room service staff did a wonderful job and deserve it.  If you don't agree ,get the charges removed from your bill.

And of course you can tip your favorite people extra cash if you desire.  My wife has always tipped in the hair salon if she gets her hair done on a formal night. 

Other things to spend your money on is the excursions offered at your ports, and purchasing photo packages. The ship has several  photographers and will be busy taking  photos at your ports or having you pose for portraits on Formal Nights.  

Most new cruisers end up buying a few photos and going on a few excursions.

Before our very first cruise, we went to a presentation given by our travel agency.  He said to prepare for your first cruise Step 1 is to get out all the clothes you plan to take and lay them out on the bed.  Also get all the money you plan to take.  Step 2 is to put half your clothes back in the closet but bring twice as much money.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1