Our 25th Anniversary Adventure - Baja Mexico & Hawaii on the Inspiration & Splendor

Jamman54

Here are some shots of the port area and Long Beach…..

IMG_4822-X2.jpg

IMG_4823-X2.jpg

IMG_4824-X2.jpg

IMG_4825-X2.jpg

IMG_4826-X2.jpg

Here is the info for Cheers and Bottomless Bubbles…..

IMG_4827-X2.jpg

IMG_4828-X2.jpg

IMG_4829-X2.jpg 

Patti has reached the Red Frog Rum Bar…..

IMG_4832-X2.jpg

She has gotten a turkey wrap from the deli and is enjoying her first drink of the cruise, a mocha chocolate getaway!

IMG_4834-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JAXCRUISER said:

Great review as always!  Looking forward to more.  Thank you!

Thanks for following along once again! :classic_cool:

12 hours ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

Wow, Patty looks great! She looks like she’s lost a lot of weight. Happy Anniversary to both of you! We’re celebrating our 25th this year too and taking a Christmas cruise on the Breeze with all the kids. Thanks for taking the time to post another great review!

Thank you so much! Patti has dropped a lot of weight in the past year mostly due to walking a lot at her job at Target, and eating better. She thanks you for noticing! Congrats on your 25th Anniversary. May you have many, many more! :classic_smile:

9 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Happy Anniversary! 

This is all I can think about with these pictures.

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/2e8156c6-aaf0-4350-8392-8b85779d8fa7

Thanks Greg! That clip just about sums it up! :classic_biggrin:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fyree39 said:

The Penne Ham is the food my husband heads for on sail away day. He loves that above all else.

Everybody has their favorites. I usually go for a Guy's Burger, but don't eat any more the rest of the cruise. Patti loves the turkey wraps from the deli. 😎

Patti leaves me at the Red Frog Rum Bar to continue on her photo tour. Here are a few random shots…..

IMG_4835-X2.jpg

IMG_4836-X2.jpg

IMG_4837-X2.jpg

Patti passes the Blue Iguana Cantina. Breakfast hours are 7:00 to 10:30, Lunch is 12:00 to 3:30 on port days, and 12:00 to 2:30 on sea days…..

IMG_4841-X2.jpg

IMG_4842-X2.jpg

IMG_4845-X2.jpg

IMG_4843-X2.jpg

IMG_4844-X2.jpg

IMG_4846-X2.jpg

To be continued……

• Like 1

Patti makes her way up to Water Works which is located on Deck 11 aft…..

IMG_4852-X2.jpg

IMG_4851-X2.jpg

IMG_4863-X2.jpg

IMG_4853-X2.jpg

IMG_4850-X2.jpg

She’s looking down on the Serenity area located on Deck 9 aft…..

IMG_4861-X2.jpg

Here’s a view of the Lido Restaurant outside seating all the way aft on Deck 10 port side. The same seating is available on the starboard side as well……

IMG_4864-X2.jpg

Here are a few more Long Beach and harbor views…..

IMG_4854-X2.jpg

IMG_4855-X2.jpg

IMG_4860-X2.jpg

To be continued……

• Like 1

Patti took some telephoto shots of some of the places we visited in Long Beach…..

IMG_4857-X2.jpg

IMG_4858-X2.jpg

IMG_4859-X2.jpg

IMG_4867-X2.jpg

IMG_4868-X2.jpg

IMG_4871-X2.jpg

Here are a few more port area views…..

IMG_4873-X2.jpg

IMG_4874-X2.jpg

IMG_4875-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 1

Patti climbed up to Deck 12 and got these shots of Water Works…..

IMG_4876-X2.jpg

IMG_4877-X2.jpg

IMG_4878-X2.jpg

The Lido stage and pool from up on Deck 12…..

IMG_4881-X2.jpg

Chess anyone?

IMG_4883-X2.jpg

Patti catches me zoning out at the Red Frog Rum Bar…..

IMG_4884-X2.jpg

Looking own to the Atrium Lobby…..

IMG_4890-X2.jpg

IMG_4891-X2.jpg

Looking up to the Atrium skylight…..

IMG_4892-X2.jpg

IMG_4893-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

The Long Beach Cruise Terminal is really spacious and incredible.

Our last cruise out of LB was in Sep 2017, so we just missed seeing it completed. We go to go through the construction. It looks nice and spacious.

20 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

We have a chair!

I do miss the couch when we sail on the smaller ships.

Lots of great pics as always. 

Edited by mikayla73

So excited for your post and glad to have found it. I read your carnival fascination one a while back before my cruise on another fantasy class ship and it was so informative. I will be on carnival splendor in 12 days and am so excited for the pics of the ship!

• Like 1

I live in Long Beach but it's quite a large city so I'm far away from Downtown and the Carnival Cruise Port.  I have also enjoyed staying at the Hilton for a weekend stay cation when there was a great quilt show at the convention center.  Shoreline Village, The Pike and Belmont Shore are all good places to visit while staying in Downtown.  I've so,enjoyed your wonderful and detailed trip report so far and can't wait for more!!!!

I'll be sailing on Carnival Splendor in July for a 7 day Mexican Riveria so I'm really looking forward to you boarding that ship and all your wife's wonderful pictures.

Thank You, Angela

Happy Anniversary!  What a great way to celebrate. 

We will be cruising out of Long Beach next year with a 4-day cruise on the Inspiration, and a 7-day Panorama cruise.  We're also considering staying on the Queen Mary between the two cruises.  It will be our first time out of Long Beach, and all of the ports will be new.  Hawaii is on our bucket list for retirement.

Looking forward to another great review.

Hi!

It was nice seeing the Inspiration again.  🙂 Our first ever cruise that lead to my severe cruising addiction....

Looking forward to the rest of your review.  I will miss the Splendor when she leaves Long Beach.

Edited by Ak4n3
spelling

Thank you for posting all these pictures of the Inspiration - I sailed on her in 2017 and have already noticed some changes they did in dry dock last year (different carpets, etc). Glad you had time before your Hawaii cruise to spend some time on the Inspiration 🙂 - and got to experience Catalina Island! Love that place. 

Great start to the review! 

I have only cruised once from Long Beach and that was almost 10 years ago! As I was reading your review I recognized your photos of the Hilton as that's where we stayed. We thought it was a great hotel as well! And wow....what a change to the Long Beach Port Area. When we cruised from LB, the port building was so small. We had to wait outside for boarding to start. Luckily, it was a sunny, but not-too-hot day! The new terminal building was much needed and looks really nice! 

Cant wait to read the rest of your review! 

23 hours ago, mikayla73 said:

Our last cruise out of LB was in Sep 2017, so we just missed seeing it completed. We go to go through the construction. It looks nice and spacious.

I do miss the couch when we sail on the smaller ships.

Lots of great pics as always. 

Thanks! The Long Beach Cruise Terminal is very impressive for sure! :classic_cool:

23 hours ago, AlmostToTheFun said:

So excited for your post and glad to have found it. I read your carnival fascination one a while back before my cruise on another fantasy class ship and it was so informative. I will be on carnival splendor in 12 days and am so excited for the pics of the ship!

Glad to have you aboard once again. Enjoy your cruise on the Splendor! :classic_cool:

22 hours ago, angelacd30 said:

I live in Long Beach but it's quite a large city so I'm far away from Downtown and the Carnival Cruise Port.  I have also enjoyed staying at the Hilton for a weekend stay cation when there was a great quilt show at the convention center.  Shoreline Village, The Pike and Belmont Shore are all good places to visit while staying in Downtown.  I've so,enjoyed your wonderful and detailed trip report so far and can't wait for more!!!!

I'll be sailing on Carnival Splendor in July for a 7 day Mexican Riveria so I'm really looking forward to you boarding that ship and all your wife's wonderful pictures.

Thank You, Angela

Thanks for reading! We really enjoyed visiting your town. Have a great cruise on the Splendor! :classic_cool:

11 hours ago, grima625 said:

Happy Anniversary!  What a great way to celebrate. 

We will be cruising out of Long Beach next year with a 4-day cruise on the Inspiration, and a 7-day Panorama cruise.  We're also considering staying on the Queen Mary between the two cruises.  It will be our first time out of Long Beach, and all of the ports will be new.  Hawaii is on our bucket list for retirement.

Looking forward to another great review.

Thank you so much! You have a great plan. You need to try out the Queen Mary at least once. Very easy going there to and from the Cruise Terminal. :classic_cool:

5 hours ago, Ak4n3 said:

Hi!

It was nice seeing the Inspiration again.  🙂 Our first ever cruise that lead to my severe cruising addiction....

Looking forward to the rest of your review.  I will miss the Splendor when she leaves Long Beach.

Glad to have you along for the ride. We had a great time on the Inspiration, and enjoyed all four cruises we did on the Splendor over the years. :classic_cool:

4 hours ago, JaniceB said:

Great pictures and review.  I am looking forward to more.

Thanks for following along! :classic_cool:

2 hours ago, MistyRo76 said:

Great start to the review! 

I have only cruised once from Long Beach and that was almost 10 years ago! As I was reading your review I recognized your photos of the Hilton as that's where we stayed. We thought it was a great hotel as well! And wow....what a change to the Long Beach Port Area. When we cruised from LB, the port building was so small. We had to wait outside for boarding to start. Luckily, it was a sunny, but not-too-hot day! The new terminal building was much needed and looks really nice! 

Cant wait to read the rest of your review! 

Always glad to have you along! The Long Beach port area has been improved tremendously the last few years. We would have no qualms about staying at the Hilton again. :classic_cool:

3 hours ago, tybrkr17 said:

Thank you for posting all these pictures of the Inspiration - I sailed on her in 2017 and have already noticed some changes they did in dry dock last year (different carpets, etc). Glad you had time before your Hawaii cruise to spend some time on the Inspiration 🙂 - and got to experience Catalina Island! Love that place. 

Thanks for following along! Patti and I are very happy that we chose the Inspiration for our warm up cruise. We both really loved Catalina, and hope to go back there some day. :classic_cool:

Patti makes her way to the jogging track and mini golf up on Sun Deck 14…..

IMG_4924-X2.jpg

IMG_4931-X2.jpg

IMG_4930-X2.jpg

IMG_4932-X2.jpg

IMG_4935-X2.jpg

IMG_4934-X2.jpg

Patti makes her way down to Atlantic Deck 8 forward to the Paris Lounge which is the main show lounge on the Inspiration……

IMG_4949-X2.jpg

IMG_4951-X2.jpg

IMG_4947-X2.jpg

IMG_4946-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 1

Patti passes the Fun Shops also located on Atlantic Deck 8 forward. She won’t be able to shop there until the ship sails…..

IMG_4952-X2.jpg

IMG_4953-X2.jpg

IMG_4954-X2.jpg

IMG_4955-X2.jpg

IMG_4956-X2.jpg

IMG_4957-X2.jpg

IMG_4958-X2.jpg

IMG_4960-X2.jpg

The Shakespeare Library, Atlantic Dec 8 Atrium…..

IMG_4964-X2.jpg

The Grand Atrium…..

IMG_4965-X2.jpg

DJ German C spins tunes in the Atrium…..

IMG_4967-X2.jpg

To be continued……

• Like 1

This is the Mardi Gras Dining Room, located on Atlantic Deck 8 Atrium. This is the dining room used for YTD…..

IMG_4970-X2.jpg

IMG_4972-X2.jpg

IMG_4973-X2.jpg

IMG_4974-X2.jpg

This is the Rhapsody in Blue Piano Bar, Atlantic Deck 8 Atrium…..

IMG_4975-X2.jpg

IMG_4976-X2.jpg

IMG_4977-X2.jpg

The Guest Service Desk on Empress Deck 7 Atrium is pretty busy…..

IMG_4978-X2.jpg

Here are the photo prices posted at Pixels…..

IMG_4988-X2.jpg

To be continued…….

• Like 1

Patti checks out Circle “C” on Atlantic Deck 8 Atrium……

IMG_4979-X2.jpg

IMG_4980-X2.jpg

IMG_4982-X2.jpg

IMG_4983-X2.jpg

IMG_4984-X2.jpg

IMG_4985-X2.jpg

Patti moves up to the Promenade Deck 9 Atrium where Club O2 is located…..  

IMG_4989-X2.jpg

IMG_4990-X2.jpg

IMG_4991-X2.jpg

IMG_4992-X2.jpg

IMG_4993-X2.jpg

IMG_4996-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 1