Photo package discounts?

The photo packages finally showed up on the cruise planner for our August cruise in Alaska on Ovation.  $199 for 20 photos, or $249 for all photos.  Do these packages ever have discounts like all the other items in the cruise planner, or should I expect this to be the cheapest it gets?  And how many photos would someone expect to have taken on a 7-night cruise?

2 hours ago, RDempster said:

The photo packages finally showed up on the cruise planner for our August cruise in Alaska on Ovation.  $199 for 20 photos, or $249 for all photos.  Do these packages ever have discounts like all the other items in the cruise planner, or should I expect this to be the cheapest it gets?  And how many photos would someone expect to have taken on a 7-night cruise?

Combing through threads I've read that the lowest price has been $199 but there's no guarantee you'll see it.  Also depends on the ship but I've also read they offer a $30 discount on board but believe the unlimited package costs $299-$329.  People have posted they've taken anywhere from 50 pictures to over 300 so it depends on how aggressive you are at finding ship photographers. This was from h20skibum on Grandeur 4/18/19 sailing:    

2705E9D8-F3B0-4648-B6B9-697CED7ED0D2.jpe

Edited by Mr. Candyman

4 hours ago, RDempster said:

And how many photos would someone expect to have taken on a 7-night cruise?

It depends on how many times you want to be in front of the photo staff - they are in every port and all over the ship.

I have never seen it discounted on the cruise planner, but it is more expensive if you buy it once on board.  Last time my family took over 200 pictures.  If any of your packages include the digital copy, make sure you review each picture to make sure it transferred properly before you leave the photo area.  I made the mistake of walking off without looking.  I was in a hurry and didn't think I needed to confirm they were there.  It was not until a couple of months later when I was going to print some pictures as Christmas presents that I realized they all didn't transfer.  Almost 40% didn't copy completely with lots of missing heads or bodies from the pictures.  When I contacted the photo company they indicated that they only keep the pictures for a limited period of time after the cruise and it was too late.  Lesson learned on that one.