Princess Cay clamshells - must reserve?

BuckeyeMark

I don't believe they put out any more than the number of pre-paid reservations for that day.  I'm pretty sure there will be someone on the island still selling unsold spots for the watersports activities; I've no clue if they also rent any excess clamshells but personally I wouldn't risk standing in line for them just to find out there are none. Check the weather forecast the day before; if clear and hot just pay for one onboard at the shore excursions desk.

(gentle correction: the acronym for Caribbean Princess is CB. I know multiple posts today on the various threads welcoming the ship back from drydock have repeated the incorrect CP. But its nice to be right)

• Like 1

We do not reserve them in advance.  We see what the weather will be and go from there.  It is true they can get hot but, we leave the back part up a little to get air flow.  If you plan on renting one try to get on the first tender and go directly to the rental booth.   One time it was sprinkling rain and the beach was empty but we stayed on the island and enjoyed the beach and stayed dry under our clam shell.

13 hours ago, Amtrack Springfield said:

I am sorry, but they are hot to sit in all day. You get no breeze.  Just sit under a shelter, plenty to choose from.

We, also, found that to be the case. Hubby says that is the hottest he has ever been. I would opt for an umbrella.

• Like 2