Cruising in February...some questions

Hi all,

I am considering the February 3rd cruise on Independence out of FLL. I’ve never cruised in winter before so have some questions.

Would it be warm enough to swim on Grand Cayman and Cozumel this time of year?

My son will be 2 at the time of this cruise, if a kids sale free promo comes up would this date be included?

i also realize my son will not be able to get in the pool or go to kids clubs 😊

I get worried about being sick this time of year but I guess that’s more out of my hands.

I am considering doing an ocean view guarantee, which I’ve never done before. Anything I should be leery of when doing a guarantee?

Thanks for any help! I’ve cruised several times but never in winter and never with a kid so it’s sort of all new for me again.

2 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Yes, it's very likely to be warm enough to swim in the Caribbean.

You have to be willing to take any stateroom when you book a guarantee.

If I change my mind and want to go to a cabin of my choosing, am I able to do so?

1 minute ago, OceanSea said:

If I change my mind and want to go to a cabin of my choosing, am I able to do so?

You can upgrade at any time by paying the going rate for your desired stateroom.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OceanSea said:

Hi all,

I am considering the February 3rd cruise on Independence out of FLL. I’ve never cruised in winter before so have some questions.

Would it be warm enough to swim on Grand Cayman and Cozumel this time of year?

My son will be 2 at the time of this cruise, if a kids sale free promo comes up would this date be included?

i also realize my son will not be able to get in the pool or go to kids clubs 😊

I get worried about being sick this time of year but I guess that’s more out of my hands.

I am considering doing an ocean view guarantee, which I’ve never done before. Anything I should be leery of when doing a guarantee?

Thanks for any help! I’ve cruised several times but never in winter and never with a kid so it’s sort of all new for me again.

We always cruise in Feb.. and the water in those 2 locations is warm.. and the weather is in the upper lower 80's mostly.. I also get motion sickness but haven't had an issue in the western route.. now you are cruising out of FLL on Super Bowl weekend.. where Super Bowl is.. I would suggest book everything asap, if you need a room , book now.. and keep an eye out on the flights.. I am sailing on the Allure on Feb 2.. and I booked the hotel back in the beginning of Feb.. and I am watching for the flights to be available. Happy Sailing 🙂