Our life on the Edge, 28 April 2019 TA, some photos & video

Silkroad

10 hours ago, Silkroad said:

Hi Norris, 

I did indeed read your Cuba review (and I wanted to be right there with you and Carol, tasting the food, listening to the music, and experiencing the wonderful art). 

I'm sure you'll have a great time in London!  So much has changed, yet so much remains the same. I love wandering along the Thames, exploring whatever looks interesting at the moment. Between visiting my favorite places, and seeking out new favorites, I run out of time before I know it!

I understand your cost/benefit analysis, because we make the same analysis when we plan our holidays. We usually reach the same conclusion you did, but with the Revolution coming to the Solstice class ships, we figure it's now or never to have the suite experience (with Michael's Club) so many people love.

I hope you enjoy the MDR on Silhouette. When we sailed on her in 2013, we thought the food in the MDR was bad (the worst we've had on Celebrity). It was as though the chefs had lost their taste buds, and had compensated by throwing too many herbs and spices into everything. Each dish on the plate fought with the others, yet the salad dressings seemed watered down. It was bizarre. I'm happy to say that when we returned to Silhouette last summer, the food in the MDR was very good to excellent. 

I can't wait to read your Norway review, and see more of your spectacular photos😊 Having seen photos of a table groaning under the weight of your cameras gear, I think hiring a couple of sherpas would be a wise move! 

Cheers!

Michelle

Michelle,  I'm glad you enjoyed the Cuba review. It was a very different Caribbean experience and we really loved Azamara Journey.

Our hotel in London is by the Thames-the Royal Horseguards near Trafalgar Square. There are so many sights to experience there and I won't kid myself that we will see a fraction of them. I am not intending to rush around as we only have a day and a half before sailing and a full day after. We can go back another time hopefully. I spent 13 years of my life there and really took the sights for granted as they were just part of the backdrop to being young and working in London. 

We have only dined in a Celebrity MDR once-on Silhouette on our last night as I was curious and it was very poor, food and service wise as my review detailed. We hope for better this time around but I foresee a bunch of Murano and LCGrill dinners and Indian lunches for me in the OVCafe.

The Suite life on Silly and Reflection (2016/2017) cost us about $7400 in the Caribbean for 7 days. The S1 Norway was just over $11,000 for 7 days which got me thinking of a Sunset Verandah and putting the savings towards another cruise. That 11K has now paid for 2 cruises in lesser accommodations (with the same view) and with fewer perks. Our last 3 cruises in fact were in balcony cabins as aft suites were all gone when we got interested in booking and we don't want suites anywhere but aft. We found that we aren't in the cabin much at all-just to sleep, nap and bathe, get dressed. 

Will we miss Luminae-oh yes. Michaels?-a little. Butlers? Not at all. Reserved seats in the theater? No, we always get there early.

Tune in September 10th....

Norris

• Like 1

Suzy:

If you go for the AAC, the largest SV balconies left are 8323 and 7312. The smallest are 7313, 7310, 8321, 8312 - 9309 and 9310 may be a bit smaller as well. All other available SV's are probably about the same (at least width-wise) - good-sized. Someone who had an SV on 12 did mention noise from the OVC outside dining above.

Of course, the balcony size is dependent upon the Apex having the same splayed firewall placement.

55504980_EdgeAftcabinslabeled.thumb.jpg.07dbc5b1769b4f9d20da2b10584459cd.jpg