Aft balcony on Royal

Looking for advice because we are usually Celebrity people and they don't have anything for the time we can travel. We love the aft balconies because of the quiet and ocean sounds. We also like it because they have a bit bigger balconies. We are on the Royal in Feb of 20 in cabin R735. Found a few things on here but haven't been able to find any pics of this particular balcony and if it could be worth it. We don't care about the cabin, but love the balcony space. Any pics would be appreciated. Also have a question on formal nights. We love dressing up for dinner quite a bit, but have been sadly disappointed when we are dressed to the nine's and others are in jeans. Would not be a problem if we knew in advance. It is a Mexico itinerary so would a tux and long gown be WAY too much? Thank you!

Edited by wanttocruisenow123

I found this photo of the aft end of the Royal Princess which includes cabin numbers & R735 has an uncovered balcony.

We recently returned from a Mexican Riviera & a Coastal cruise on the Royal Princess.  Most passengers followed the clothing recommendations which on smart casual nights allows wearing well kept jeans.  But I also saw passengers in athletic gear or in shorts & tees being allowed in the dining room.  My wife thought that most men on formal nights wore a coat & tie or a dress shirt.

How passengers dress is one of the hot button topics on CC & it can get confrontational.

Enforcement can vary based on the staff so it’s impossible to know what you’ll experience.  Another factor is that since Princess has made early dining at about 5:00 that reduces available time in port & some may go directly to the dining room.

My suggestion is to do whatever you feel comfortable wearing...dress to the nines or more casually.  I think that many cruise lines are moving towards more casual dress recommendations unlike those years ago.

78CD0890-8814-497A-8BAF-2FACAA206F96.jpeg

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 1

I took this pic yesterday on the Royal from the Horizon Terrace to show folks in my cruising classes what kinds of activities create man-overboard situations. (Because of the standing on the chair/footstool.) The balcony in the pic is R734, just next door to the one you are asking about. The Riviera deck balcony is not only uncovered but is also easily visible from the back of the Lido deck.

IMG_6038.JPG

• Like 1

I was A737.  Here I am watching San Jose Sharks playoff game against the Avalanche some where between LA and San Diego.

there is also a close up of the engine ash that builds up daily.

1C0F12D8-C5A3-4EC4-B2C4-A5613CE7BEF9.jpeg

D2C81BC6-AEDB-481B-99A5-799552C26F22.jpeg

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 5/18/2019 at 6:21 PM, wanttocruisenow123 said:

Looking for advice because we are usually Celebrity people and they don't have anything for the time we can travel. We love the aft balconies because of the quiet and ocean sounds. We also like it because they have a bit bigger balconies. We are on the Royal in Feb of 20 in cabin R735. Found a few things on here but haven't been able to find any pics of this particular balcony and if it could be worth it. We don't care about the cabin, but love the balcony space. Any pics would be appreciated. Also have a question on formal nights. We love dressing up for dinner quite a bit, but have been sadly disappointed when we are dressed to the nine's and others are in jeans. Would not be a problem if we knew in advance. It is a Mexico itinerary so would a tux and long gown be WAY too much? Thank you!

How was your experience with R735? Soot, noise, privacy, air quality, motion sickness? We have it reserved for 2020, thanks!

We are booked for May 2020 in a Premium Deluxe Aft Balcony (D730) on the Royal.  Would anyone know if the Dolphin deck aft cabins are uncovered?  For some reason, I somehow thought they were covered.

We've sailed in an aft balcony cabin before (another line) & realize there may be some soot, but the view was wonderful.

TIA for any info. on this cabin.