Barcelona

10 minutes ago, lindyloo22 said:

Has anybody walked to the Sagrada Famillia from the cruise port, or is it near La Rambla

Thanks

Looking at google maps it is over 5km and well over an hours walk. The only time we have been there is by coach trip. Barcelona is a big city.

Just had another look you can go by Metro, there is a stop near the shuttle bus drop off and it looks like about 30 mins.

Edited by daiB

Thanks daiB,

Been to Barcelona many times done a lot of walking so not to worried about that. Just wanted to know if I was heading in the right direction towards La Rambla, don't really wants to go on the metro.

19 minutes ago, lindyloo22 said:

Thanks daiB,

Been to Barcelona many times done a lot of walking so not to worried about that. Just wanted to know if I was heading in the right direction towards La Rambla, don't really wants to go on the metro.

Google maps will help. Walk to the top of the Ramblas and turn right. Perhaps 30 to 40 minutes from there.

We took the Metro (underground) from near the shuttle bus drop off to get to the Sagrada Familia and after walked slowly back to the shuttle bus at the bottom of Las

Ramblas. We stopped for a coffee and snack on the way but I would guess the walking time would be about an hour. Plan you route to take in the other Gaudi buildings, the Casa Batllo and La Pedrera-Casa Mila which are on your way.

https://www.archdaily.com/877599/10-must-see-gaudi-buildings-in-barcelona

Brian

15 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

We have walked it from the shuttle bus drop off point up La Ramblas and turn right at the top but it is a fair walk and when we got there the queue to get in was massive.

You may want to pre book a tour. I booked on the church website. As stated the queues can be horrendous.  

Best wishes, Stephen. 

We walked from the shuttle drop off, took an open top bus tour from the top of Las Ramblas and got an excellent view of Sagrada Familia both back and front. The queues were unbelievable! If we go again I will pre-book the Sagrada Familia  as it was the only thing we feel we missed out on.

Edited by chilly227
mis-spelling

It is a pleasant stretch of the legs up the Ramblas from the shuttle drop off and you pass some of the interesting city architecture on the way.

Go as early as possible (with pre booked tickets) as you will get to see more before the hordes arrive. 

When we visited Barcelona I was apprehensive about using the Metro to get to Sagrada Familia, but need not have worried. It was very straightforward. We took the Metro from the stop near the Christobal Colon shuttle drop-off point, changed once and got a train to just outside Sagrada Familia. You used to be able to buy a "Friends of Sagrada Familia" ticket on the Internet very cheaply and that gave you priority in the queues, but I think they have stopped that, although you could check the Sagrada Familia website. I found this website very useful for info on how to navigate the Metro system, ticket prices, etc.

https://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/maps/barcelona-map.html

We purchased a combined hop on/off bus tickets and a skip the queue entrance and up the tower for 77€ for two but you do need to book early on.We still had to queue to go through security, but we didn't have to wait to get in the building.Whatever you do sagrada familia is amazing.Enjoy