Unlimited dining sale today

Both the Unlimited Dining Plan and the Ultimate Beverage Packages were reduced today on our 25 August Liberty sailing (I have already posted on the Roll Call).  This is the FIRST time since we booked this cruise (many months ago) that the price has changed (up or down) for the UDP.  Cancelled and rebooked both.

The prices for both packages were also lower for the first time ever on our 1 Dec Oasis cruise.

All other cruises were the same as they have been with other sales.

My Symphony cruise for 8/24/19 is showing 175.00 for the Unlimited Dining. Had previously booked it at 199.00. Just saved some money. Thanks for posting about sale. Got to love Cruise Critic. Have gotten quite a bit of money saving info over the years.

Mary Ann

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, brentconn said:

Thank you. I thought I saw another thread where people were bringing drinks into specialty restaurants.

Could be Diamond (and above) level C&A members who used their drink vouchers at a bar on the way to the specialty restaurant.   

Guest BigRoger

Hi folks, does anyone happen to know whether boarding day speciality lunch is included in the unlimited dining package on Jewel OTS? Any experience appreciated.

Roger

11 minutes ago, brentconn said:

Ok, I just bought this but I didn't see a place to add gratuities. Are they added to your end of sail bill?

Nope, at the present time gratuities are not added to dining purchases made pre-cruise.

If it works like the other dining packages, the gratuities are built into the price.  When I bought the 4 night dining package there was nothing added at check out for gratuities like they do on the beverage package. 

Ours also went on sale today for $175.  I’m torn.  I already have the 4 night package for 4 of us, purchased at $100 each.  We are on a 7 night Alaskan cruise on Ovation.  There are 4 specialty restaurants so I planned to try and get reservations for each one.  I also booked the Solarium for one night.  If I am lucky I will get a CK reservation for one night with our Junior Suite.  (If we get that DH and I will enjoy a nice evening there and the key ds are on there own.)

So I can’t seem to justify upgrading for possible lunches on 3 days and only one extra dinner.  Is there something I’m not thinking about that would make me want to upgrade? I don’t think Ovation has a Playmakers and I know it can’t be used in Vintages.  

21 minutes ago, er345 said:

Ours also went on sale today for $175.  I’m torn.  I already have the 4 night package for 4 of us, purchased at $100 each.  We are on a 7 night Alaskan cruise on Ovation.  There are 4 specialty restaurants so I planned to try and get reservations for each one.  I also booked the Solarium for one night.  If I am lucky I will get a CK reservation for one night with our Junior Suite.  (If we get that DH and I will enjoy a nice evening there and the key ds are on there own.)

So I can’t seem to justify upgrading for possible lunches on 3 days and only one extra dinner.  Is there something I’m not thinking about that would make me want to upgrade? I don’t think Ovation has a Playmakers and I know it can’t be used in Vintages.  

I think you’re making the right decision. Not sure I could do all the Dinners and the Lunches as well, would be a bit overwhelming.  I think it’s better to stick with what you’ve done and I’d imagine it would feel more special for those meals?