Downgrading drinks package

Fixit2010

When I booked, included was the classic drinks package.

Now I am not really a big alcohol drinker and so I asked Celebrity if I can down grade to the premium NA package.

They told me this is not possible.

I am a bit confused.  Instead of them giving me a $59 per day package, they only have to give me a $22 per day package.

OK I know it probably doesn't cost them this much but they are making a saving.  So why would the deny my request?

Some have had success in downgrading the beverage package at Guest Relations on the ship.  Head to Guest Relations when you board & don’t use the beverage package until after you have spoken with GR.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, CYNSport said:

Because that is the perk you chose when you booked. I really can’t see them refunding you the difference when it was a bundled price on a “choose your perk” booking. 

The OP is from the U.K.  We don’t get a choice of perks.  The classic drinks package is part of a promotion to encourage people to book the cruise.  We can’t remove it. 

1 minute ago, bengaltiger1 said:

The OP is from the U.K.  We don’t get a choice of perks.  The classic drinks package is part of a promotion to encourage people to book the cruise.  We can’t remove it. 

Thanks for letting me know this. I knew there were different booking conditions (deposit status, etc), in the U.K., but didn’t know that the perk situation was so fixed there. 

18 minutes ago, CYNSport said:

Thanks for letting me know this. I knew there were different booking conditions (deposit status, etc), in the U.K., but didn’t know that the perk situation was so fixed there. 

Celebrity UK vary the ‘incentives’, but usually the classic drinks package is included.  I got that and WiFI for a cruise next January.  We know they aren’t free really, but that’s the way it is over here.  The current offer is the classic drinks package and gratuities.  

Edited by bengaltiger1

36 minutes ago, bengaltiger1 said:

Celebrity UK vary the ‘incentives’, but usually the classic drinks package is included.  I got that and WiFI for a cruise next January.  We know they aren’t free really, but that’s the way it is over here.  The current offer is the classic drinks package and gratuities.  

Enjoy your cruise! 

I did not have any luck downgrading my Classic Beverage Package to the Premium Non Alcoholic Package.  They wanted me to pay to downgrade.  I said no thanks.

The only thing I might have tried was a smoothie or two.  I just ordered virgin drinks and they were good.  Club soda was also good.

42 minutes ago, Fixit2010 said:

I don't get why they can't tap a few button on the computer.  Im not asking for a refund or any money back, so why is it so difficult?  "Computer says no" !

Try again, once you board. You may have better luck at guest services. My husband doesn't drink alcohol and they have accommodated him every time. I hope that doesn't change because he likes the premium brand waters. The last time, the desk agent had to get permission from her supervisor. 

Sone times they do, sometimes they don't.  On Silhouette Aug 18, 2018 they did. On Summit May 12, 2019 they would not - unless I paid $4 or $5 per day plus grats so I passed. Get some sparkling water, other premium water with premium non-alc. Not sure what else.

I thought they didn't want you to downgrade because the package isn't really free . . . they charge you the 18% gratuities on the 'value' of the 'free' package. So if you downgrade to the cheaper package they make less money on the gratuities.

31 minutes ago, japlanet said:

I thought they didn't want you to downgrade because the package isn't really free . . . they charge you the 18% gratuities on the 'value' of the 'free' package. So if you downgrade to the cheaper package they make less money on the gratuities.

With Celebrity, the gratuities (now 20%) are included with the perk.  

1 hour ago, Wrunkles said:

It's funny they don't downgrade you since it's cheaper.  Are there items you can get on the Premium Non Alcoholic that you can't with the classic alcoholic?  

Fancy water like Evian, smoothies, and Red Bull energy drinks are included with the premium non alcoholic package but not the classic alcoholic.