Mardi Gras roller coaster the BOLT

8 minutes ago, matymil said:

Ive been to dozens of theme parks and probably rode over 100 roller coasters in my life and ive never seen an age limit. I don't even think that's legal. They do the whole "don't ride if you are pregnant or have heart problems" but that's kinda common knowledge. I'm hoping there's no height or weight restrictions because I'm 6ft5 and over 300 but I went on the sky bike on the Vista with zero problems so we'll see.

Maritime law and laws in Panama and the Bahamas are very different than those in the United States.

On 5/26/2019 at 3:13 PM, CoasterGuy said:

I love roller coasters and cruising. Although I just got into cruising much more recently. Excited to try it. 

I don’t think Bolt is going to be much of a thrill ride for serious coaster enthusiasts. Favorite coasters is subjective, but I always end up comparing every coaster I ride on to Kingda Ka, which is still my favorite coaster. 

13 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I don’t think Bolt is going to be much of a thrill ride for serious coaster enthusiasts.

Yeah it definitely won't be the most extreme ride out there. but that's ok. I enjoy many coasters out there that aren't among the tallest and fastest.

On 5/29/2019 at 12:25 AM, matymil said:

II'm hoping there's no height or weight restrictions because I'm 6ft5 and over 300 but I went on the sky bike on the Vista with zero problems so we'll see.

The fine print says a minimum of 43 inches and a maximum of 76 inches. Didn't see any mention of weight.

Edited by tandemcruzr
Spelling

3 hours ago, tandemcruzr said:

The fine print says a minimum of 43 inches and a maximum of 76 inches. Didn't see any mention of weight.

Son of a b....  I'm 77. Oh well we'll see what happens

18 hours ago, CoasterGuy said:

Yeah it definitely won't be the most extreme ride out there. but that's ok. I enjoy many coasters out there that aren't among the tallest and fastest.

The attraction will be the novelty of being on (above) the deck of a cruise ship. But I feel like, for me at least, that novelty will wear off after one or two rides.

Top speed is supposedly around 40 mph. The rider can control the speed to a small degree. It's basically like a little motorcycle on a monorail. It's not exactly a rollercoaster like what you might be familiar with. 

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 9:36 AM, PhillyFan33579 said:

I don’t think Bolt is going to be much of a thrill ride for serious coaster enthusiasts. Favorite coasters is subjective, but I always end up comparing every coaster I ride on to Kingda Ka, which is still my favorite coaster. 

Kingda Ka is good but Nitro and El Toro are both better imo

• 2 years later...
On 5/25/2019 at 3:52 PM, coevan said:

does anyone know how much a ride or is it a day pass?

I haven't found any pricing on it after looking.  I'll try to remember to come back here and post after our cruise on the Mardi Gras in a couple weeks.

I just recently survived the Velocicoaster at Island of Adventure unscathed, so this one should be a piece of cake!  I'm looking forward to it!

Having said that, I tried the sky course a few years ago and had to be "rescued", LOL! When it comes to heights I prefer to NOT be in control of my destiny. 😵

My 11yo son has become obsessed with rollercoasters, and ever since he became tall enough to ride big boy coasters, he’s on a quest to earn as many “credits” as he can. Now every time we talk about going somewhere for a few days, he always suggests going to an amusement park (which in my wife and I’s opinion is the vacation from hell, but I digress). 

Yet, when I mentioned sailing on Mardi Gras to ride Bolt (what could be better than combining my love for cruises and his love for roller coasters?) he watched a POV video on YouTube and said “meh”. No interest. He said that he’ll do it to earn a “credit” but that it looks lame. 

I personally hate rollercoasters, and the handful of times that I’ve been on one during my life is because someone else begged me to ride, but I thought that my son would be excited to try this one. I guess not. I am looking forward though to feedback from people who actually ride it. It maybe more exciting than it looks. 

Edited by Tapi

On 5/22/2019 at 5:40 PM, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

OK now how many cannot wait to ride it at full speed 40 mph. Am I the only one?

I will be 74 when I cruise on that ship and I want to get on that coaster real bad. They better not limit the age.

HEY, AC this 71 year old ex swabby has your back.  When you've battled those rolling seas in a WWII destroyer and have climb the mast on a 40ft sailboat in a storm to retrieve a halyard. rolling along at 84kph on a fixed track will be a lark. 

3 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

HEY, AC this 71 year old ex swabby has your back.  When you've battled those rolling seas in a WWII destroyer and have climb the mast on a 40ft sailboat in a storm to retrieve a halyard. rolling along at 84kph on a fixed track will be a lark. 

Guess us old guys are the only ones that will be riding it. Last post I made a mistake. I am 75 not 74. Wife thinks I am nuts. She is not sure if she will ride with me. I do not care on the price. I want to get on it and get up high and enjoy the ride around. I bet the view will be beautiful. So many new awesome rollercoasters. This one, Scary? I doubt it. Fun? I bet. To me the scariest ones are the old creaky wooden ones back in the 50s. Click, click, click as you went up for the start. Not that fast. But when ever I rode one. Going around the turns, I had the fear that it was going to come off of the track and the frame work moved. At least I thought it did. I remember when I first started riding them. Young. White knuckle grip and held my breath. Could not get enough. Went on one with your feet hanging you loop and twist. Not as exciting for me. It better not be broken down for our Halloween cruise.

On 5/22/2019 at 6:24 PM, Organized Chaos said:

If we ever sail on the Mardi Gras, I'd ride it, but I don't expect it to be that much of a rush after one or two rides. The initial ride, knowing you're on a coaster on the deck of a cruise ship, high above the ocean, will be a new thrill, but for people who really like roller coasters, I feel like the novelty will wear off.

I agree. For myself. it will be an experience I want to do. maybe only one. Depends on the rush and the view.

On 5/30/2019 at 5:21 PM, Organized Chaos said:

The attraction will be the novelty of being on (above) the deck of a cruise ship. But I feel like, for me at least, that novelty will wear off after one or two rides.

Like Aqua Duck on Disney. My expectations versus reality were seriously different.

• Like 1