Guaranteed cabin with RCI??I

Decided to make reservation online with RCI, passed on the Travel Agent for our next cruise. Signed up for a guaranteed cabin that RCI will pick out for us, Cruise a year out. Trying to save a few $$ and let RCI pick cabin for us interior. Did I make a mistake with this on Cabin selection? I called RCI yesterday and they said it could be as close as Two out before cruise before finding about cabin number. Not happy with this, How do I print out boarding passes without cabin number??  I like to print everything out at   90 days out. We passed on the Travel Agent next trip do to some things , like not checking for price drops, and treating us like a number and not a name anymore.. Thanks..

Even if you do not get your cabin assignment until you arrive at the pier, the porters will have a manifest and be able to make luggage tags for you.  You can still print all your boarding documents as usual.  

Edited by Ourusualbeach

We've done GTY a few times.  We've been lucky and have always gotten our cabin assignment 2-4 weeks before sailing.  We actually had one for Harmony on 6/16/19 and got our assignment a couple days ago (almost 4 weeks out).  From reading others' experiences, it can be much later of course.

As an aside, f you weren't aware, when you do get your assignment, you can immediately call RC to ask if there are any other cabins in your category open to switch to.  When I called 2 days ago, I was given about 6 options, but turned out we liked the one we were given better so I just kept it.

Try not to worry.  It will work out.

Edited by OCSC Mike