Rail close Pan Pacific Hotel?

hospsafe

Vancouver, BC?  Depends on which direction you're going, there's a street-level entrance for one line that is about a 2 minute walk from the hotel entrance but if you're going to the airport you need to go around the corner to the main train station.  That longer walk is 5-10 minutes.

If you are talking about the Skytrain to the airport you are correct - about a 5 minute walk.  If you are talking about the Amtrac train station, it is alot further - a taxi ride for sure.

i am talking about the sky train.  It looks like there is one that goes directly from the airport out to the port.  Its just me and 2 teenagers so I think we can handle a 10 minute walk.

Unless you've all loaded like sherpas, it's way less than 10 mins walk even staying on street level 😉 Howe St, left onto Cordova, and Waterfront is really obvious with all the pillars outside it. Ticket machines are right inside the doors, and relevant platform (Canada Line) directly underneath that - stairs and escalators if you're traveling light, and an elevator if not. Unless you have three separate Visa/MC cards with NFC chips you will need to buy tickets at a machine - but that also means you can buy a Concession rate ticket for anyone under 15 and save another buck. A 2 Zone ticket is needed to the airport from downtown - $4.20pp for adult fare, but if it's a weekend or after 6:30pm the whole system becomes 1 Zone ($2.95pp).

7 hours ago, hospsafe said:

i am talking about the sky train.  It looks like there is one that goes directly from the airport out to the port.  Its just me and 2 teenagers so I think we can handle a 10 minute walk.

If you are using the Skytrain from the airport...it'really easy.  We were just there a week ago. From the airport, take the Skytrain to Waterfront Station. Canada Place cruise terminal is an easy 5 munute walk.  Pan Pacific is right in front of the cruise terminal. Happy sailing! 

Whoops - never considered that you might be INbound from YVR! Reverse the street directions I gave to get to the hotel from Waterfront - but more relevantly at the airport there is an additional charge for the train of $5pp on all tickets. That means depending on your arrival day/time the price difference between three tickets and a taxi fare could be minimal - fixed cab fare of $35 applies from YVR to the Pan Pacific, and SkyTrain will cost $6.95- $9.20pp...