Specialty Dining Credits & Crab Shack, etc.?

Dani24

We are going to end up with an extra set of specialty dining credits (meaning we have enough to cover Crown Grill and Sabatini's on the Grand already, plus two more). Can those $29 vouchers be used for the Crab Shack or any other special dining outside of the two main venues?

Some pages indicate that the Crab Shack is a specialty restaurant and some don't list it. My guess is that the vouchers are worth up to $29. Since reservations must be made in advance if not already assigned just call the Dine line and ask what is included.  

I have read of a specialty dining voucher being accepted in Salty Dog Gastropub on the three ships that offer it. But that would represent a loss of value. As mentioned in the previous response, asking to use it at Crab Shack could be answered with 'Crab Shack is an upcharge feature of the Horizon Court, not a separate Specialty Dining venue'. But by all means ask--and if declined you can try the next step of requesting it be converted to general OBC. Maybe at that point they will meet you halfway and allow you to use it for any upcharge dining you want.

6 minutes ago, fishywood said:

I have read of a specialty dining voucher being accepted in Salty Dog Gastropub on the three ships that offer it. But that would represent a loss of value. As mentioned in the previous response, asking to use it at Crab Shack could be answered with 'Crab Shack is an upcharge feature of the Horizon Court, not a separate Specialty Dining venue'. But by all means ask--and if declined you can try the next step of requesting it be converted to general OBC. Maybe at that point they will meet you halfway and allow you to use it for any upcharge dining you want.

I doubt they convert to OBC. They've been cutting off conversion to OBC. Used to allow for bottle of wine received from TA...not anymore.