Caribbean Princess D110

WB57

Hello All-

We will be on CB in August and are currently in D110 (Mini-suite).  It is pretty much all the way forward.  For people that have been in that room - or in that part of the ship, please comment (good or bad) regarding that location.  Also, any other recommended locations on this ship will also be welcomed.  I did several 'searches' on this forum and didn't come up with anything worthwhile.   However, if I did miss an old topic, please direct me to that so I don't waste anyone's time.   Thank you all in advance.

If you are susceptible to motion sickness, then this is not a good cabin.  If there are rough seas, there will be a lot of movement as the bow rises and falls with the waves plus there well may be the noise of the bow hitting the waves.  The second caution is that if the ship has to drop anchor for a tender port, you will most likely hear the chain play out as the anchor drops.  This of course is early in the morning say maybe 7:00 AM.  If the ship is coming into a dock, you will hear the bow thrustors as the ship pushes itself to the pier.  The same will be true as the ship moves away from the pier in preparation to set sail.

Personally we prefer the to be just forward of the aft elevator bank.  The rooms are the cheapest for that category and it is has a lot less motion than in the bow area.  Of course the least motion is in the center and down low.  Hope this helps.

Edited by satxdiver

I was in Family suite on Emerald; which is all the way forward.  The balcony was useless on sea days due to too much wind.  Other than non use of balcony;; the cabin was fine; did not have any bouncing at sea.  Would not book this cabin again due to non use of balcony.  Your cabin is not all the way forward; so your balcony won't get hit with wind like the family suite cabins.  Have fun, We sailed CB in Feb;  we had aft penthouse suite;  it was perfect

Edited by AF-1

D110 is as far forward as a mini-suite can get. If I were you, I'd see about moving back.

You'll hear lots of the moaning and groaning noises satxdiver mentions if you stay there, and lots of movement if seas are rough.

Jim

I agree with other responses. Mid ship is ideal, but is pricier. I've sailed aft and the motion problem isn't anywhere near as bad as forward and the price is about the same as forward cabins.

Also, I've been in a mini suite on Deck 10 (Dolphin) midship and the balcony had no covering. No sun protection and no privacy. I believe it was the same for all cabins on that deck. Since we use our balcony a lot on warm weather cruises, I actually prefer a regular balcony stateroom one deck below (Caribe), which has a large oversized balcony with both covered and uncovered areas.

Thank you all for your response.  We are new to Princess cruises so I really appreciate the feedback.  Our cruise is going North so generally cooler weather.  And we will definitely consider moving more towards the back - and perhaps a deck down to take advantage of 'shadier balcony' (and less ship noises).  Thanks again for all the tips.

I believe that cat. MD aft is a better selection.

Note that balconies for all mini suites on deck 9 are not covered if that is important to you. The sun in relation to the direction of the ship is the main factor in determining if you get shade or no shade. 

53 minutes ago, WB57 said:

Thank you all for your response.  We are new to Princess cruises so I really appreciate the feedback.  Our cruise is going North so generally cooler weather.  And we will definitely consider moving more towards the back - and perhaps a deck down to take advantage of 'shadier balcony' (and less ship noises).  Thanks again for all the tips.

No cabins with balconies on deck 8 except the 12 mini suites all the way aft and the 2 full suites and two cat. B4 balcony cabins that are at the stern facing the wake. No other mini suites on any other decks. Cabins with balconies on decks 10 through 15 all are balcony Cat. cabins except for the full suites. You may want to explore the Window Suites on deck 6 if the are available.