Review: Regal Princess Helsinki-Warnemünde 5/13-5/18/19

steamboats

I had the pleasure to be onboard the Regal Princess for 5 nights from Helsinki to Warnemünde (no, you can´t book it like this). I just started my review. It´s an extense photo review but the text is in German (google translates does usually quite a good job). Anyway because of the photos there´s no need of reading. Part 1 is a deck by deck review from deck 4 to 15 (except restaurants, bars, lounges - there will be two separate parts for restaurants and bars&lounges). Part 2 covers deck 16 to the top. There´s a new entry every day (til the end of the review).

As for Ocean Medallion ... they had computer problems on the first day (so as an example our names didn´t show up on the screen at the door but the door opened). Nice... the first cocktail ordered via Ocean Now was free. I never got it working to locate my DH but he was able to locate me. Chat did work. Unfortuantely my medallion stopped working on day 4 and I got a regular card as replacement. I still was able to open the door but by holding the medallion on the sensor below the screen (same you have to do with a card). We first ordered bathrobes for our stateroom and then a cocktail. Worked pretty well. When we returned to our cabin the bathrobes were hanging in the bathroom.

steamboats

Thank you for posting. I'll take a look.

That first cocktail is probably free to encourage people to get used to using the Medallion to order. It's hard to break old habits, but a free goodie likely helps.

EDIT: just took a look, very nice pictures and you're right...translations not needed.

Edited by JF - retired RRT
  • Like 2

Todays entry is all about our baclony cabin A116. Enjoy!

The following posts til the end of the review will cover the cruise itself which started in Helsinki with St. Petersburg and Tallinn as ports and Warnemünde as debarkation port for us. I won´t post those entries separately as they do have more text and the photos are not that self explaining. But of course everyone is invited to read on.

steamboats