NCL Breakaway elevators

Shoppie124

The breakaway only has 2 sets of elevators, in the front and towards the back.

Deck plans is not always displayed to the true scale and is more like a visual representative of what the ship looks like.

No midship elevators.

The forward elevators are pretty far forward: for example, the lobby is just outside the theater entrance on that deck. 

Edit: unless you cropped the first photo that way intentionally, there’s a lot more ship to scroll down.

Edited by perditax

Ditto on what's been said, neither photos are accurate & proportionately scaled correctly - we're on Deck 10 Fwd once ... from the Fwd/front elevators & stairs, it's about 150 steps to the Fwd Penthouse.  Our starboard side balcony was 3 doors from the corner PH.   

2 hours ago, perditax said:

No midship elevators.

The forward elevators are pretty far forward: for example, the lobby is just outside the theater entrance on that deck. 

Edit: unless you cropped the first photo that way intentionally, there’s a lot more ship to scroll down.

The picture cropped that way so I could show the forward section.  We are in 11106.  I was just curious the distance.. My husband has some health issues so it’s more for him..heaven knows my backside could use the walk😂😂😂

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Shoppie124 said:

I was just curious the distance..

The forward elevators are noticeably further from the bow than on many other ships.  I would still consider them forward though.  Keep in mind the entire Haven is located forward of the elevators.  While I never measured it out, I can say the deck plan is definitely closer to reality than the side view.

This is a quick edit that shows about where the elevators are, give or take a few pixels... The forward lines up with the start of the waterfront and the rear of the Haven, so it is easier to see; the aft is a bit more approximate.

NB.png.4bf7109977f8b232dc9e925d71264ea5.png

• Like 1

We've been on the Breakaway for three cruises.   It always feels like the 'forward' elevators are closer to mid-ship.

If you look at the entire deck 11, you can see there are more than twice as many cabins forward of those elevators when comparing to the number of cabins aft of the aft elevators.  

When you get down to decks 6/7/8, the elevators feel more equally balanced.  It's on the decks above with cabins that you might find a longer walk from a forward cabin to a 'forward' elevator.   

20 hours ago, Shoppie124 said:

We are on deck 11 in a forward penthouse.  I’ve seen two different deck plans for the Breakaway.  One shows the elevators more forward and the other show them mid ship.  Which is accurate?

Both photos are pretty accurate. You obviously know that the first photo chops off the back end of the ship. So it is somewhat deceptive. It is a VERY LONG hike from the elevator lobby to your room down narrow passageways. 

image.png

16 hours ago, AL3XCruise said:

The forward elevators are noticeably further from the bow than on many other ships.  I would still consider them forward though.  Keep in mind the entire Haven is located forward of the elevators.  While I never measured it out, I can say the deck plan is definitely closer to reality than the side view.

This is a quick edit that shows about where the elevators are, give or take a few pixels... The forward lines up with the start of the waterfront and the rear of the Haven, so it is easier to see; the aft is a bit more approximate.

NB.png.4bf7109977f8b232dc9e925d71264ea5.png

The elevators go into the water?