Arriving close to debarkation ?????

Longfellow Deeds

GOOD luck!!! Happy, safe and QUICK travels!! **fingers crossed**

I thank heaven that we have learned to fly in at least the day before the cruise. After doing it the first time, boarding the ship sooo relaxed...and in shorts and a tank...I swore we'd never fly in the same day again!!! Plus...for our upcoming cruise...the airline that we are flying on, have changed the flight times THREE times!! That would have given me a heart attack!! The first dinner seating would have been well in to their dessert by the time I we got to Miami!!!

Well, all I can say is good luck. I will not beat you up and the only time I will second guess your decision is after the fact. So, have a good time and don't worry, I think everyone on here had nothing but good intentions and gave advice, maybe not the advice you sought but advice nonetheless.

I just saw something that is going to make your day even worse. Apparently the Miami marathon is this Saturday and the course runs through downtown Miami, and starts and ends at the AA Arena - which is right next to the port. This is guaranteed to make the traffic much worse.

I just looked and AirTran is showing seats available on the 7:45am non-stop into FLL that arrives at 10:13, flight number is 512. Have you called AirTran to see about switching to this flight? If at all possible I would switch to this flight, no matter the amount of the money.

I just saw something that is going to make your day even worse. Apparently the Miami marathon is this Saturday and the course runs through downtown Miami, and starts and ends at the AA Arena - which is right next to the port. This is guaranteed to make the traffic much worse.

I just looked and AirTran is showing seats available on the 7:45am non-stop into FLL that arrives at 10:13, flight number is 512. Have you called AirTran to see about switching to this flight? If at all possible I would switch to this flight, no matter the amount of the money.

:eek: OMG!!! Call them Please!!!! You have us all on pins and needles here!!!!

(I don't think any of us want you to feel like you're being beat up - we're just worried for you!!! We don't want you to miss out on any of the cruise!!)

And as long as everyone else is kicking you, "debarkation" is when you get off the ship at the end of the cruise. When you start the cruise it is "embarkation." Enough criticism, you'll have a great time, don't worry, be happy:D

Hey, I'm the one awake at 4:30am reading this and posting - now, there's some worrying. However, I have to believe this will work out. Perhaps, I'm being narrow minded, but with living close to BWI Airport, I've decided to drive out this morning and talk with the good folks at AirTran. I'm interested in this flight's record, in regard to timeliness.

As for the debate on debarkation and embarkation, I'm truly to the point of frustration. Hey, if nothing else, I'm not sitting here blaming someone else. These shoulders will have to bear it. I'll report back with the opening line (will he make it or won't he) in Vegas. Thanks.

Well, for those of you who worried - you can rest easy. I worked some of my "Chesapeake Charm" on the fine lady at AirTran. I have rescheduled a flight for tomorrow evening with a departure at 6pm - arrival in Ft. Lauderdale at 8:30pm. And, it only cost me the $50 transfer fee per person, for a total of $150. Thus, I'll arrive in plenty of time for the cruise on Saturday.

Now, I need to find a hotel room. I hope everyone is feeling better - I sure am. Thanks again for all the support, I mean it. Sun and fun, here I come.

Well, for those of you who worried - you can rest easy. I worked some of my "Chesapeake Charm" on the fine lady at AirTran. I have rescheduled a flight for tomorrow evening with a departure at 6pm - arrival in Ft. Lauderdale at 8:30pm. And, it only cost me the $50 transfer fee per person, for a total of $150. Thus, I'll arrive in plenty of time for the cruise on Saturday.

Good decision. That way you'll be all set the day of embarkation and somewhat rested from the flight. Have a wonderful cruise.

Keith

MR DEEDS GOES TO FLORIDA!

Oh I am SO relieved that you got the flight changed and I hope the hotel room does not cost you an arm and a leg.

I thought of you this morning when I watched the weather channel and there were 1 hour flight delays all over the place for WIND.

Be sure to post when you get back and let us all know how it went. Have a great trip we go Next week sailing on the Norwegian Sun on the 4th, we have hotel at Logan the 2nd, hotel in Miami the 3rd. I don't take any chances LOL.

At this point I would go to the big chain hotel websites and check availabilty and the online rate which is usually the cheapest. The King Tut exhibit is in Ft. Lauderdale and prices have increased because of it but hopefully you will find something reasonable.

I'm rooting for you and your wife to get on board on time. You have checked all of your options. Yes, some factors may come into play and will hinder your on-time arrival BUT, those same factors could also occur on the earlier flight, not to mention added factors with connecting flights. You made your bed and unfortunatly, you have short sheeted it BUT that does not mean that you will sleep in a rumpled bed. I am sure that you will be sleeping on satin sheets instead. In other words--"Have a GREAT VACATION!!!!!!!!!!" and stop stressing. What will be will be. Rose:)

Well, for those of you who worried I have rescheduled a flight for tomorrow evening with a departure at 6pm - arrival in Ft. Lauderdale at 8:30pm.

Now, I need to find a hotel room. I hope everyone is feeling better - I sure am. Thanks again for all the support, I mean it. Sun and fun, here I come.

Yipeee!!! We are all happy for you.

Enjoy your trip. :D

Should I shoot for Hotwire or Priceline, I suppose? Or should I go to the Hotels directly?

At this point you may have to go direct, and be prepared to pay... If you try Priceline or Hotwire however do NOT go for anything less than 4-stars, many of their 3-stars in South Florida are NOT very nice places, and are not in very nice neighborhoods! :eek:

Well, I hope everything is now complete - I booked the Hyatt Regency in downtown Miami (on the water) through Hotwire for $135. Not bad for a 4 Star Hotel. I think we are ready to go.

A special thanks again to everyone here - I really appreciated your suggestions. I'll be in touch after the cruise. Oh, and I hope the Steelers win the Super Bowl - so the Ravens can defeat the World Champions next season.

Longfellow Deeds

Winchestertonville, Iowa

That's a great choice, the Hyatt is a nice place, and a cheap 5 minute cab ride to the Port of Miami. You'll be much happier doing it this way!!! :)

If you want to save some money on transportation down to Miami, Tri-County/Airport Express from FLL to downtown Miami is $18 per person, far less than a cab or limo... http://www.floridalimo.com/

Archived