What time for car service pickup San Pedro/Los Angeles

FranciscoFamily

Trying to pre-book my car service for pickup after a cruise and have never cruised Celebrity before or cruised into Los Angeles before.  Can anybody give me an idea what time we will likely be disembarking?  It lists our arrival as 6am but I am sure it takes a while to disembark.

Thanks for the help!

13 minutes ago, FranciscoFamily said:

Trying to pre-book my car service for pickup after a cruise and have never cruised Celebrity before or cruised into Los Angeles before.  Can anybody give me an idea what time we will likely be disembarking?  It lists our arrival as 6am but I am sure it takes a while to disembark.

Thanks for the help!

We were off  fairly early......no delays and we probably did walk off.. Easy immig .

We  did have to wait outside for awhile  for our limo  driver, but she was aware of the ship schedule and in touch with us by tel.  Sev Uber clients waited too...their drivers did not speak Englush very well and were quite lost, Sad!    Bona fide limo co is the way to go in this port!

Consult with your limo company...I'd get the earliest possible time...long ride and  lots of traffic...big airport!

28 minutes ago, FranciscoFamily said:

Thanks for the help!

What air port are you flying from and what time is your return flight? 

I cruise in and out of LA quite a bit...because I live in the area.  Of course, most of the time, I leave a car at the port...But, last month, we did a one-way cruise down from Vancouver, so we had to provide for transportation out...As always, disembarkation was fairly easy--this time easier than most since we went through US Customs in Vancouver, so no line getting off the ship...Usually, count on an extra 15-20 minutes making it through...

Normally, they seem to start disembarking around 7:30ish...and continue through 9:00-9:30...You can at least influence which disembarkation assignment you get...but, for us, most of the time, we leave our cabin and go have a leisurely breakfast in the MDR since, like you, we're not catching a plane at LAX...So, last month, we finished breakfast around 8:30-8:45 and walked off the ship...

We used Uber--and had a driver there to pick us up within 10 minutes of calling.  One good thing with using Uber is that we didn't have to pre-arrange a time...Just go to the app and plug in our desired destination...and, yes, a quick 10 minutes and they were there to pick us up...And much less expensive and easier to deal with than any limo service we've used...But, if you were going to pre-arrange a limo service, I'd aim for 9:00 or so--should be easy to meet that...just make sure you get off the ship at around 8:30.  Of course, the limo and shuttle services are all aware that exact time is impossible as there are often unforeseen hang-ups...most will account for it--though, the problem with some limos is they will charge you "waiting time" if you're late...As I said, Uber is better...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bruin Steve said:

I cruise in and out of LA quite a bit...because I live in the area.  Of course, most of the time, I leave a car at the port...But, last month, we did a one-way cruise down from Vancouver, so we had to provide for transportation out...As always, disembarkation was fairly easy--this time easier than most since we went through US Customs in Vancouver, so no line getting off the ship...Usually, count on an extra 15-20 minutes making it through...

Normally, they seem to start disembarking around 7:30ish...and continue through 9:00-9:30...You can at least influence which disembarkation assignment you get...but, for us, most of the time, we leave our cabin and go have a leisurely breakfast in the MDR since, like you, we're not catching a plane at LAX...So, last month, we finished breakfast around 8:30-8:45 and walked off the ship...

We used Uber--and had a driver there to pick us up within 10 minutes of calling.  One good thing with using Uber is that we didn't have to pre-arrange a time...Just go to the app and plug in our desired destination...and, yes, a quick 10 minutes and they were there to pick us up...And much less expensive and easier to deal with than any limo service we've used...But, if you were going to pre-arrange a limo service, I'd aim for 9:00 or so--should be easy to meet that...just make sure you get off the ship at around 8:30.  Of course, the limo and shuttle services are all aware that exact time is impossible as there are often unforeseen hang-ups...most will account for it--though, the problem with some limos is they will charge you "waiting time" if you're late...As I said, Uber is better...

Thank you!  This is exactly the info I was looking for!

9 hours ago, FranciscoFamily said:

Thanks for the help!

Are you walking off with your luggage?

7 hours ago, Kingofcool1947 said:

Are you walking off with your luggage?

We were not planning to, we were wondering what time we would get off just doing things normally.

7 hours ago, Kingofcool1947 said:

John Wayne.

I don't know what that means-if it's an airport, it's not our destination, we are not flying out the day we disembark.  

Edited by FranciscoFamily

7 hours ago, FranciscoFamily said:

We were not planning to, we were wondering what time we would get off just doing things normally.

I don't know what that means-if it's an airport, it's not our destination, we are not flying out the day we disembark.  

Then it’s Los Angeles International Airport?   Allow plenty of time to get there because it’s a very busy airport.   And  during commute time of day, the freeways get clogged with traffic.

Edited by Kingofcool1947

5 hours ago, Kingofcool1947 said:

Then it’s Los Angeles International Airport?   Allow plenty of time to get there because it’s a very busy airport.   And  during commute time of day, the freeways get clogged with traffic.

we are not flying anywhere on the the day we disembark.