RCCL "Set Sail" form completed, site says "pending" and I cannot print it

I completed all the forms and the RCCL site says the documents are complete. But it won't let me print the set sail check in documents. They are "pending" as are the luggage tags. This has been this way for several days already. Has anyone else experienced this?

Screen Shot 2019-05-27 at 4.30.57 PM.jpg

6 minutes ago, whoopie said:

I completed all the forms and the RCCL site says the documents are complete. But it won't let me print the set sail check in documents. They are "pending" as are the luggage tags. This has been this way for several days already. Has anyone else experienced this?

Screen Shot 2019-05-27 at 4.30.57 PM.jpg

You might just be too early for luggage tags.  They are available between 45 and 49 days prior to sailing.

That’s fine, but what about the Set Sail document? Does that also become available only 49 days before the sailing?

Thanks for responding.

Edited by whoopie
Typo

5 minutes ago, whoopie said:

That’s fine, but what about the Set Sail document? Does that also become available only 49 days before the sailing?

Thanks for responding.

I have always been able to print my set sail pass after final payment.

We have only sailed once before with this line, ten years ago, when the same adult child wanted us to join her family.  In the past many years, since our children became adults,  we have chosen cruise lines that cater to an older crowd and are less child friendly, u less it was a trip with grandchildren.

32 minutes ago, whoopie said:

We have only sailed once before with this line, ten years ago, when the same adult child wanted us to join her family.  In the past many years, since our children became adults,  we have chosen cruise lines that cater to an older crowd and are less child friendly, u less it was a trip with grandchildren.

If the website allowed you to do your Set Sail Pass then it should be available to print as soon as you do it.  I would definitely call my TA

7 hours ago, whoopie said:

Hmmm...we have paid in full.  Guess I should contact the travel agent.

In the UK once you pay your TA they do not pay Royal straight away but hold on to it so it could be a month later before we can print our set sail passes. 

25 minutes ago, trojan3000 said:

In the UK once you pay your TA they do not pay Royal straight away but hold on to it so it could be a month later before we can print our set sail passes. 

This. 

Even though you have paid your travel agent, it does not necessarily mean that they have paid Royal. If Royal have not gotten the payment, you can't print the setsail pass. 

6 hours ago, GTO-Girl said:

If the website allowed you to do your Set Sail Pass then it should be available to print as soon as you do it.  I would definitely call my TA

You can do the online check in before you've made final payment, but you can't print the setsail pass until you are Paid in full. 

• 2 weeks later...

I am currently having this same issue.  I have been in contact with RC and no resolution as of yet.  They reassure me we can print at boarding but that is unacceptable.  Was your situation resolved?

They say they show my checkin is complete but the option to print doesn't come up.  Even for them.  So it has to be on their side but no one knows how to fix it.  I want all my ducks in order BEFORE we leave.  And we have been paid in full for months.

Edited by cghicks
added statement

Mine was pending for a few days then suddenly I could print them off however my OH touched something on the app  just as I was about to print and our boarding times changed from 11.00am to 12.30pm and I can't change them back to an earlier time.

Is it still necessary to print the pass?  If you have downloaded the App, can't you just use that?  Asking because next week is our first cruise since 2014 and the App wasn't around then (or if it was I didn't know about it 😀)

1 minute ago, reeb4 said:

Is it still necessary to print the pass?  If you have downloaded the App, can't you just use that?  Asking because next week is our first cruise since 2014 and the App wasn't around then (or if it was I didn't know about it 😀)

You don't have to print it if you have the app, but I would print and bring it anyway just to be sure. 

1 minute ago, norhel said:

You don't have to print it if you have the app, but I would print and bring it anyway just to be sure. 

Belt AND suspenders!  Like-minded!  I was thinking of putting it in my backpack, but was hoping the phone would do the trick.

Thanks!

10 minutes ago, reeb4 said:

I would not trust Royal IT.  I'd print the SetSail pass.

• Like 1

Well my cruise isn't available on my APP either.  It says "your reservations on ships not yet available in this app" so either way, I'm flapping in the breeze right now.  I have 2 weeks so hopefully it will show up as they say.  But I do NOT want to be "that" passenger that looks like I don't read/follow instructions and end up standing in line to get boarding passes printed at the pier!  Sheesh!

Final payment for our August cruise was just a few days ago, and I was able to complete the online check in and print the Set Sail pass.  However, I was very surprised that nowhere in the online check in was I able to input our travel plans, i.e. flights, etc.   Is this now normal?

Pat