Crown Princess Showers

crazytomatoes

However practical, this may be a strange question, but has anyone ever tried to attach a suction cup shaving pedistal to the shower wall, specifically on crown Princess? The showers are so small I wondered if if might be easier to attach one to the wall of the shower?? Because it is removable it would not cause any damage.  The product instructions say it needs a smooth surface to attach correctly. Are the walls of the shower smooth? Has anyone tried a product like this before and did it work? 

If not does anyone have any tips to make these small showers more user friendly? 

Thanks for your help

Charlene

I don't see any reason you couldn't do this. DH broke his hip and ankle last summer, and we put suction cup grab bars in the shower. Those worked fine, and our shower walls are totally smooth. I'd suggest wiping down the area that you're going to put it with some sort of alcohol. Do you carry disinfectant wipes with alcohol? Those ought to work.

38 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

I don't see any reason you couldn't do this. DH broke his hip and ankle last summer, and we put suction cup grab bars in the shower. Those worked fine, and our shower walls are totally smooth. I'd suggest wiping down the area that you're going to put it with some sort of alcohol. Do you carry disinfectant wipes with alcohol? Those ought to work.

Suction cup grab bar ???  Did he ever have to really grab it to keep from falling , or more of a just touch for balance?

can you 'trust' those suction cups?

28 minutes ago, voljeep said:

Suction cup grab bar ???  Did he ever have to really grab it to keep from falling , or more of a just touch for balance?

I have been using them in the shower at home since I had an operation last summer. They work just fine and have successfully withstood the attention of this 210 pounder since then. 

3 minutes ago, Doug R. said:

I have been using them in the shower at home since I had an operation last summer. They work just fine and have successfully withstood the attention of this 210 pounder since then. 

link / brand ? I've got to get me some of those for my balance issues !!

I have used a suction cup grab bar (Torn ACL, MCL  - Knee) for a year now and it does really hold, however I check them once a week to make sure they are still firmly attached. They do occationally give way if you do not check the suction regularily. They really help climbing in and out of the tub. It is a bit of a lesson in you get what you pay for though. The ones I have were purchased form a medical supply store and although a bit more expensive I have confidence that they will hold. I have used cheaper suction cup products before and they do not work as well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, voljeep said:

link / brand ? I've got to get me some of those for my balance issues !!

Just Google bath grab bars suction  and you will see a great variety. I recommend the ones with the latches at both ends which help hold the seal created by the suction.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, voljeep said:

No, neither one of us would ever have trusted it. It was just a balance thing. Having said that, those rascals were pretty solid.