Anthem 9/20/2020 CHARTERED! (out of Southampton)

And that sucks- as we had planned our 25th anniversary cruise on that.  Just found out this morning, and we now need to figure out what to do- as the options for change don't even come close to our anniversary.

26 minutes ago, alfaeric said:

And that sucks- as we had planned our 25th anniversary cruise on that.  Just found out this morning, and we now need to figure out what to do- as the options for change don't even come close to our anniversary.

What was the itinerary of this cruise? I can’t believe they have chartered an Anthem one after pulling the Independence!!!! 😬😬

1 hour ago, shopaholic6 said:

What was the itinerary of this cruise? I can’t believe they have chartered an Anthem one after pulling the Independence!!!! 😬😬

Lisbon overnight, Palma De Mallorca, Barcelona overnight, Alicante, Malaga, Gibraltar, Vigo... RT from Southampton. So yes, was a nice itinerary. 😞 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, shopaholic6 said:

Someone clearly paid them a lot of money.  More than the sum of the rest of us did.

• Like 1

Lovely itinerary with Lisbon overnight.

What are they playing at: so first they pull the most popular ship in the UK and upset a lot of people who then rebook on the only RCI alternative.... and they pull a great itinerary, appealing to those who like to cruise outside of school holidays. 

They are doing their best to lose their UK fan club. And succeeding. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, little britain said:

Lovely itinerary with Lisbon overnight.

What are they playing at: so first they pull the most popular ship in the UK and upset a lot of people who then rebook on the only RCI alternative.... and they pull a great itinerary, appealing to those who like to cruise outside of school holidays. 

They are doing their best to lose their UK fan club. And succeeding. 

If you know who chartered the ship, you can keep the original itinerary.  

The alternative we chose was the Canary Island alternate.  But we then have to do something else for our anniversary- maybe a trip to Finland.

2 minutes ago, alfaeric said:

If you know who chartered the ship, you can keep the original itinerary.  

The alternative we chose was the Canary Island alternate.  But we then have to do something else for our anniversary- maybe a trip to Finland.

I don’t know who Chartered her? Do you?

4 minutes ago, little britain said:

I don’t know who Chartered her? Do you?

No, but my point is that they didn't cancel the cruise, they sold it to the highest bidder.  

Who will be happy and new fans.

But it's not the same as the Indy, which was taken from Europe and is sailing out of Florida.

1 minute ago, little britain said:

A 2 week charter is very unusual.... just saying.  Imagine being at a work conference for 2 weeks...

It might only be a 1 week charter, and then a new 1 week trip. Not familiar with Southampton voyages

OP on the bright side at least you hadn't booked your airfare yet.  My last trip to London I paid over $1800 per person non-refundable.  But it still is a shame your anniversary cruise has been chartered.  Hopefully you can find another one to take its place.

What a mess, I bet there were a few people who had Indy cancelled that rebooked on this only to be cancelled again. 

There were an awful lot of unhappy cruisers on Indy last week, there were many that booed the Hotel Director when he mentioned the re deployment at the Top Tier party. It does seem like RCL just don't care at the moment, their reputation over here will really suffer.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

OP on the bright side at least you hadn't booked your airfare yet.  My last trip to London I paid over $1800 per person non-refundable.  But it still is a shame your anniversary cruise has been chartered.  Hopefully you can find another one to take its place.

It's very much changing things- but it could mean our anniversary will be in Finland instead of Palma.  Still on a cruise before that.

35 minutes ago, kernow said:

What a mess, I bet there were a few people who had Indy cancelled that rebooked on this only to be cancelled again. 

There were an awful lot of unhappy cruisers on Indy last week, there were many that booed the Hotel Director when he mentioned the re deployment at the Top Tier party. It does seem like RCL just don't care at the moment, their reputation over here will really suffer.

Heard it is probably Floating Festivals .... but that would mean several 3n cruises with different themes for which they charge ridiculous money!

On another note the fabulous Wild Boys have just announced they are not doing this years Floating Festival.  

@John&LaLa - yes I did think a charter for a few days then a reduced 10n cruise for the remaining time - you can get down to Gib and back or to the Canaries in that time.  But I would have thought they would have given the cancelled people the alternative to swap to this if it was in place to try and pacify them?

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, little britain said:

But I would have thought they would have given the cancelled people the alternative to swap to this if it was in place to try and pacify them?

They will, in about two months after they all made alternative plans.

• Haha 2