May 2019 - any New Seaside YC feedback?

floridian1

We are getting very excited for our MSC Seaside Yacht Club Cruise coming up. Has anyone sailed in in YC on seaside this month..or will be soon? Looking to see if there are any new changes? Haven't seen a post from a current cruiser in awhile...

1 hour ago, Cruisergal1208 said:

One of the biggest changes is the deck party by the pool. Good food,  music and fun. 

We were on the Seaside last July.  Will be back this July.  What night is the deck pool party in YC?   I don’t remember it from last year and don’t want to miss it this year.

8 hours ago, Hobby3333 said:

We were on the Seaside last July.  Will be back this July.  What night is the deck pool party in YC?   I don’t remember it from last year and don’t want to miss it this year.

I posted it earlier, initially wrong I think until I checked, but Wed from what I recall.  Time was 9 pm for sure.  I posted pics and exact day in a thread with said subject.

I am on the ship now, last day!  

They had the deck party the night we were in San Juan.  It was well attended with lots of dancing by staff and passengers.  I’m not sure if they do it on the Western itinerary.  

The other most noticeable change is the food in the pool deck.  One day they had a stir fry station, one day a taco salad station and yesterday the seafood buffet with grilled lobster, grilled shrimp and a pasta station which had mussels and clams along with a red sauce.  This in addition to the standard buffet food by the pool.  This is new since last October.  

If you have the Royal suite, they have changed the food additions for the cabana.  Both trips the selections were good.  I’ve gotten gelato a couple of times with no charge.  I’ve not tried the drinks at venchi as we get chocolate martinis in the Top Sail in a nicer environment (IMO).

The singing duo in the Top Sail is great, he is the best dressed guy on the shop.  They really get to know you and try to play music folks want to hear.  Otherwise we thought everything was great, similar to last time.  

Staff is phenomenal.  I will mention that the current Yacht Club Director is not as friendly or visible as Alessandro who we had the last time.  He knew everyone and greeted you personally all the time.  He was always in the lounge, by the pool, restaurant or concierge desk.  This trip we have seen him twice and we spend 95% of our time in YC.  This in no way affected our trip, just an observation.  

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, ptuder said:

They had the deck party the night we were in San Juan.  It was well attended with lots of dancing by staff and passengers.  I’m not sure if they do it on the Western itinerary.  

Thank you! This is so helpful. Someone mentioned in the ship reviews that the yacht club priority elevator isn't working. Is it working for your cruise? I hope it gets fixed.

How has the food been in the yc restaurant? There has been talks a few weeks ago that YC is getting a new chef (not sure if thats happened yet).

Having trouble deciding what night to book a speciality restaurant dinner..do you have any suggestions on a good night to do this?

Thanks for replying!

It seems strange to me that they would have the deck party on the same night there is a port call in San Juan. I'm sure there are some folks who would still be off the ship at 9:00 (including us). It feels like it would make more sense to have the party on a night when the ship is sailing in open water (after a port of call or a sea day).

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jcathers1 said:

It seems strange to me that they would have the deck party on the same night there is a port call in San Juan. I'm sure there are some folks who would still be off the ship at 9:00 (including us). It feels like it would make more sense to have the party on a night when the ship is sailing in open water (after a port of call or a sea day).

It can be very windy when ship is underway. Lots of YC folks didn’t get off and those who did some made it back for part of the party.   When we had it after leaving GC it was a very calm and beautiful night even while underway.  There was very good attendance so it didn’t seem to be a problem. 

5 hours ago, ptuder said:

The other most noticeable change is the food in the pool deck.  One day they had a stir fry station, one day a taco salad station and yesterday the seafood buffet with grilled lobster, grilled shrimp and a pasta station which had mussels and clams along with a red sauce.  This in addition to the standard buffet food by the pool.  This is new since last October.  

If you have the Royal suite, they have changed the food additions for the cabana.  Both trips the selections were good.  I’ve gotten gelato a couple of times with no charge.  I’ve not tried the drinks at venchi as we get chocolate martinis in the Top Sail in a nicer environment (IMO).

The singing duo in the Top Sail is great, he is the best dressed guy on the shop.  They really get to know you and try to play music folks want to hear.  Otherwise we thought everything was great, similar to last time.  

Staff is phenomenal.  I will mention that the current Yacht Club Director is not as friendly or visible as Alessandro who we had the last time.  He knew everyone and greeted you personally all the time.  He was always in the lounge, by the pool, restaurant or concierge desk.  This trip we have seen him twice and we spend 95% of our time in YC.  This in no way affected our trip, just an observation.  

Have a great last day.  See you on the port cam.  Only ship in port, wow.

Can you elaborate on the RS cabana food?  Thanks.